The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Joe

If you asked any of my paying customers, they would say Exorcist Key would be the one that really freaked them out. Exorcist key is the one that got the most buzz. I would say Ice from Water was a close second but I perform it differently than in the instructions. My version makes the spectator "touch" all the props and then Ice is produced from water.

Sly
magic711
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magic711
Just got this,ice from water,incredible, so cool ( pun intended).
I have always wanted to do this effect so clean like this, it really freaks me out every time I produce the ice.This is like a miricle type effect from the bible or something.best trick of the year so far for me.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Very unlikely. That one just used a holdout, a good angle and misdirection. No gimmick, no preparation. Cyril's truly was impromptu (after he loaded up some ice in a hip hold-out. Remember it happened in his hand, nowhere near a glass or bottle.

Quote:
On 2006-02-23 16:05, wise owl wrote:
I saw this trick at Cyril's season 2 and 3 DVD. Best used in bar situations. But I thought Cyril actually produce crushed ice instead of cube ice.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I have to admit the illusion is truly freaky. Yes...I can now say "I fooled myself". I had fun raising and lowering the ice in the water bowl, watching it vanish before my eyes.

But, I'm not sure if this is for me. I'm just not certain I can get a routine out of this. The effect is fine, it is exactly as it reads and the ice looks like..well..ice. Large chunks as you might put in a cocktail (not crushed!). It's better than I thhought it would be but I think I'm gonna sell mine. PM me if you want it. I'll sell mine for $60.

Very cool and exactly as described but simply not something I can see performing.
Selling "cheap".
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
PM'ed you!

Sean
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Where'd my last post go?

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Disappeared just like the Ice does....
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Are there any specific clothing requirements necessary to achieve this effect?
magic711
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magic711
Special clothing ....NONE! this is soooo coool (pun intended) I do this all the time just to freak myself out.so far this one is my fav.I made a couple of routines up to do it in,wanna keep em to myself though..
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
That's good to hear. The weather is warming up here so I was hoping this could be done in short sleeves.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Magic711,

you do this all the time?

didn't this JUST come out? what, have you been doing it night and day since you got it? man, ain't there any women in your life? if so you better pay more attention to them instead of this kool trick!

Will this post get deleted? if so I'm sorry, verily....

johnny

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 1:04pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This trick really does sound interesting, just wish it wasa tad bit cheaper. The concept of turning water to ice in a magical way is just so appealing man!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
We all wish it was a tad cheaper...but all in all...an awesome buy!
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 13:04, johnnymystic wrote:
This trick really does sound interesting, just wish it wasa tad bit cheaper. The concept of turning water to ice in a magical way is just so appealing man! Smile

johnny

Hmmmmmmmmmm Smile
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 16:42, Slydini62 wrote:
We all wish it was a tad cheaper...but all in all...an awesome buy!

Not all of us. Why should it be cheaper?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Joshua

Pretty obvious here..

Why would you pay $100.00 when you could buy it for $60.00 in the buy/sell forum? No brainer here...

Magically,
Sly
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I wish I had access to the buy/sell forum. I'm guessing you need 50+ posts in order to gain access?
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 17:52, sabitu wrote:
I wish I had access to the buy/sell forum. I'm guessing you need 50+ posts in order to gain access?

Correct
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I'm sold, this effect sounds great. If anyone has one they would like to sell let me know.
haim goldenberg
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of haim goldenberg
I got mine. and like the other stuff from Gerard It, is soooo good.
Everything people wrote here and describe is true. - It is like real miracle
I recommend this effect for everyone how wants to do a real magic

Haim
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Haim

Yes, all of Gerard's effects are absolute miracles. Only a true professional would know the power these very effects can have on layman. Unfortunely, a hobbyist will just throw these gems in a drawer looking for that new gimmicky trick.

Well said Haim! I agree with you 100%!!

Sly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL