The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Dynamo/Electric Chair & Molten Metal Acts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Unless we missed them, we haven't seen any discussion on these topics. Any takers?
Slim & Krista Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
I've never actually seen any molten metal acts, though I am intrigued as to the actual metal used. I would like to learn more about human dynamo - I saw Wasp Boy doing this in the Circus of Horrors this year and thought it was a great act. Still, until I can meet a person face-to-face to show me this, there ain't no way I'm going to wire myself up to anything!!

Cheers

ML
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
I saw wasp boy too, as I recall he used a Tesla coil, can't remember exactly what he did with it though.

I've never seen anyone doing a molten metal act except from on TV. The late fire-eater Jon Gresham whose act I am now performing used to do it, but his widow knows nothing about what he used. Magician and biochemist Prof. Eddie Dawes suggested an alloy of bismuth, but he was unsure.

Does anybody perform this effect or know a sure-fire method?

Tim
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I have done it, and I assure you the metal is not toxic Bismuth. (or Antimony, another common mistake) I do know the metal but it's an old secret and I will not reveal it.
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
If you are content to dip your fingertips in molten metal rather than hold it in your hand, please see:

http://www.csicop.org/si/9911/willey.html

I have done glasswalking as described in this article and it is a real stunner:

http://www.memoryelixir.com/photogallery/photos2.html

On the Yahoo sideshow message board, the method for the electric chair is given as a small Telsa coil called a violet wand. These are sold to BDSM types as toys for private use. You will be able to throw small sparks and light up fluorescent and neon tubes. Throwing big sparks (3' and more) can be done with a bigger coil and elaborate safety precautions. A violet wand is $250-$500, a big Tesla coil is ten times that. I must add that I have researched this but haven't performed it because it is a lot of bucks to lay out and I've been doing material that is cheaper to develop.

Stay cool!
Paul
rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
Years ago when I was on the circus, we had a small sideshow. Along with the swordbox, we had an electric girl.
I was pressed into service one night to present the act, and given very little instruction. When I touched a fluorescent light to the girl, it glowed. Then I couldn't remember whether I was supposed to turn off the machine then pull the tube away, or pull the tube away then turn it off. I did it wrong and both of us got a shock, and the tube broke. I was so shaken up I forgot to turn the tip on the swordbox.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Quote:
On 2003-01-21 07:22, drwilson wrote:
If you are content to dip your fingertips in molten metal rather than hold it in your hand, please see:

http://www.csicop.org/si/9911/willey.html

I have done glasswalking as described in this article and it is a real stunner:

http://www.memoryelixir.com/photogallery/photos2.html

On the Yahoo sideshow message board, the method for the electric chair is given as a small Telsa coil called a violet wand. These are sold to BDSM types as toys for private use. You will be able to throw small sparks and light up fluorescent and neon tubes. Throwing big sparks (3' and more) can be done with a bigger coil and elaborate safety precautions. A violet wand is $250-$500, a big Tesla coil is ten times that. I must add that I have researched this but haven't performed it because it is a lot of bucks to lay out and I've been doing material that is cheaper to develop.

Stay cool!
Paul

Nice site! Very often, on eBay, Violet Ray Generators sell for from $40.00 to about $140.00 There is a long string and directions for "The Human Dynamo" act on our site...
.http://www.sideshow-freaks.com/sideshow_discussion1/disc1_tocf.htm
Please sign the guestbook
sanscan@tds.net

kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
For thoses interested, check out this web page. I never use the products they sell, and have no financial interest. Indeed, I am scared a bit to propose some internet links that I don't really know!!!

But check it out, maybe... and let us know...

Humbly

Kuffs

I forgot, on the page, you can see a small video of the effect...

Read you soon

Kuffs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Dynamo/Electric Chair & Molten Metal Acts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL