The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Andruzzi's Invocational (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

For those so inclined, that infamous auction site has a few tapes from Tony Andruzzi's Invocational for sale - not my auctions - I just thought those out there might be interested. Be warned though: I have some of these Ray Piatt tapes and they really are just the footage he shot while attending. The person posting the auctions didn't describe that very well.

Sincerely,
Sam H.
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
I really like these tapes. Ray Piatt's video work is not the fancy camera work being released on DVD today. It is one camera with Ray truly "live on location," doing some zoom shots, but often a statioary camera, with all the background noises and sound problems associated. No graphics, no editing. In fact the camera is rolling long before the introductions and run after the lecture/shows to capture crowd images and sounds, to get (as Ray said) "archival footage." Be sure your fast forward is working on your remote, but if you are more patient than I am you will see and hear legends of magic, mentalism and bizarre interacting with one another before and after the formal entertainment. Ray's tapes have some very good performances and lectures given at the 1988 Invocational such as Scott Davis' TV and the Mentalist lecture and Ross Johnson's Blindfold Presentation. And any time I can see Tony Andruzzi in action (he was often at his best at these annual parties he threw) I am thrilled. The only other video I am aware of from the Invocationals was the souvenier Invocational 1985 composite video (I do not know who filmed it) that merely whets the appetite rather than showing complete presentations.
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
There are a very few video tapes of Andruzzi and the Invocationals around. The same for Weerd Weekend, Docc Hilford's convention that came later. Unless these tapes are converted to DVD format, they will eventually be lost forever. Video tapes deteriorate magnetically, no matter how carefully they are stored.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
I have a video tape that I just came across: L.O.L. Live on Location. Tony Andruzzi'z Invocational. September 24th, 1988.
Bismark Hotel in Chicago, IL. It is numbered as Tape #15. Total running time is 60 minutes.
PM me if interested in this or want more details. This was never released on DVD so this is the only way you can find this. Perfect condition.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I can't find them. Could someone pm me?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Andruzzi's Invocational (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL