The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SEAM 2006 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Scott,
I will be leaving at 4:30 in the morning to get there by 1 or so.
Justin Miller
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
I feel lucky, just 2 hours for me.

See you all there tommorow. I did some cool DMX code for the lights Im bringing, we can control them from the computer with no board. Smile

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 4:13pm
---------------------------------------------
Sitting in the lobby across from Dakota Rose on his cell phone. This has been a great covention so far.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Matilda the chicken will be honored with a broken wand ceremony tommorow. Here's the proclumation from Alabama Governor Bob Riley

ibmagic2
View Profile
New user
Montgomery, AL
5 Posts

Profile of ibmagic2
Hat's off to the everyone who made this convention a success. Great job guys! I can't wait til next year!

Shane
Shane
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Thanks, Shane!

Lots of hard work by lots of great folks!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4893 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I can honestly say that this convention was one of the best I have attended in a long time. Southern hospitality is something that must be experienced rather than explained. Everyone went out of their way to make sure this northerner was well taken care of and was having a good time.

I must say though, that playing Hail to the Chief when I was introduced at the final evening show was a little over the top and quite unexpected but very funny and I appreciate the thought.

One of the highlights of my trip was sitting in the lobby having lengthy conversations with Bill and Ruth Pitts. Talk about friendly, they have to be two of the nicest folks in magic. It was also nice to talk with Dakota, his mom and grandmother as well.

Thanks to all that made my visit very enjoyable.
Where the magic begins
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Dave,

Was so nice to meet and talk to you. Yes, the Hail to the Chief was planned by myself, Michael and Bob. And since I know what you go through, it was quite fitting and the least we can do to say what a tough job you have here and it is appreciated by all.

Everyone that visits the south is a friend first. You are innocent until proven guilty. Even though you are a yankee, you're always welcome here. LOL!!!

And how many other conventions have you went to that got a proclamtion from the Governor of Alabama for a CHICKEN!?!?!?!?!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4893 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Yes, that was a first. When I told my wife I attended a broken wand ceremony for a chicken, she thought I had stayed out in the sun too long Smile

I enjoyed talking with you and Sydney at the dealer booth as well. It's always nice to meet and talk with people face to face.
Where the magic begins
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
A big thank you goes out to Michael Baker and the rest of the gang for putting on an outstanding convention. I had an awesome time lecturing, performing close-up and stage on Saturday. Plus, I meet some old and new magic friends such as Travis Bolton, The Pitts, Jamie Sellers, etc. Thanks again and hope to catch you again in the near future.

Dave Scribner....I did not know you were the man behind the Café until the show on Saturday. It was a priceless moment when they played "Hail to the Chief". Keep up the AWESOME work.

Joseph Young aka The Rubik's Cube Magician
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I'll second Joseph on congratulating Michael Baker and the Alabama gang for a VERY FINE convention. To all that missed it - you missed a great convention and first class hosts.

Thanks guys,

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
Congratulations and thanks to Michael and his crew for a well-run and interesting convention.

I had to depart earlier than I planned but was fortunate enough to hear the lectures on magic collecting and carnival cons before leaving.

Any convention attended by the likes of Bill and Ruth Pitts, Bob and Lucy Sanders, the Great Phantini, Cousin Cliff, Judge Drennan, etc., has got to be worthwhile.

The only downside to the weekend was learning of the illness of my old friend Bob Chadwick. We have been swapping magic and tall tales for nearly 30 years and I always looked forward to being in his company.
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
What a great job to all in B'ham. It was a fine convention and truly enjoyed Michael Baker and Joseph Young.

Regards,
Joe
Excaliber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Excaliber
Sorry I missed this one < but a working magician must take a paying job. Who won the Hal Martin trophy
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Tom Gibson won the Hal Martin trophy with a very funny act.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
jonmturner06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of jonmturner06
Hi I was at the SEAM 2006 and I really had a wonderful time. I would also like to thank Michael Baker and the rest of the staff who put this on. I really had fun and looking forward to next year. I can't wait. I'm sure it will be as good.
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Jon Bacchus,

Just now saw your post. Glad you enjoyed watching the Rubik's Cube Stage act as well as the close-up. Hope to catch you again in the near future.

Joseph Young
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Joseph,

Rubik's Cubes have really been back in the news again. Good fit!

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2006-08-07 22:36, Ed Hutchison wrote:
Congratulations and thanks to Michael and his crew for a well-run and interesting convention.

I had to depart earlier than I planned but was fortunate enough to hear the lectures on magic collecting and carnival cons before leaving.

Any convention attended by the likes of Bill and Ruth Pitts, Bob and Lucy Sanders, the Great Phantini, Cousin Cliff, Judge Drennan, etc., has got to be worthwhile.

The only downside to the weekend was learning of the illness of my old friend Bob Chadwick. We have been swapping magic and tall tales for nearly 30 years and I always looked forward to being in his company.

Ed,

You'll be glad to hear that Bob Chadwick is alive and well. A few weeks ago I made him endure my presentation of Fortune Foretold and he remembered you too. Come see us at Ring 35 in Birmingham sometime and speak "Magic" to us. We meet the first Tuesday of each month.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SEAM 2006 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL