The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Quick tricks for kids. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I was wondering if you have anything you use as quick tricks for kids when you are... say... waiting for a bus or occasions like that? Like a false transfer of a coin or something, making it disappear.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
I would suggest a retention pass and then reappearance somehow. that's what I do usually. And it gets huge reactions Smile

Cheers,

J0ma
Magic Is Life
Daoist
View Profile
New user
Taipei, Taiwan
19 Posts

Profile of Daoist
I like to carry my D'Lites with me, kids love them. I often use them in an elevator in my building -- I press a button and "carry" the light away from the button.

But yeah, I agree with JOma, too, doing a coin retention (e.g. Downs palm) and then production (I like plucking it out of the air) is also very effective.
I'm...I'm just not feeling STRONG right now...

Uri Geller, 1973, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Little spot paddles go down a treat, and secretly the adults watching havent got a clue either.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Sponge balls. If you don't have them on you, then use napkins. A coin vanish, then reproduction from the kids ear is a classic. Or vanishing silk. (TT) or dlites like previousle said. If you have IT on you, then make something float. Lots of possibilities.
EranH
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of EranH
Any coin routine, as long as it's not too long, will do. Vanishes, productions, changes, anything you can think of works great. You could also apply coins sleights to some ordinary objects and it'll go just as well.
Magic of Dan
View Profile
Regular user
St Charles, MO
115 Posts

Profile of Magic of Dan
I always carry with me the following: TT, scotch & soda, hotrod, a couple quarters, rubber bands, and a deck of cards. That way I'm ready for just about anything.
Dan
The Magic of Dan
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Themagicman101 said it for me...a TT and small silk and either my Peter Rabbit set or some sponge balls. If the kids are old enough, 9 yrs and up, I have my Two Ones to a Two and Wonderland Bill in my wallet which is nice since they are so compact. Wonderland Bill is a little better with the 12 and up crowd.

Another REAL crowd pleaser for kids is the Color Changing Knife and as noted above the Hot Rod. These never seem to go out of style. Color Changes with cards goes over well also as the effect is so visual and easy for even a small child to grasp. Best,
Brad Burt
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Kids Kards http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=899 are an instant success with any child...check it out!
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I always carry my TT. I love d'lites but I don't have them with me during the day.
kids love sponge ball routines. I always have those with me.
my personal favourites are coin routines.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Oops, sorry I did'nt mention that under "Special Interests" forum, look under "The little Darlings" for threads that deal with magic for children.
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Another great item for kids is the Finger Mouse. It's basically a spring Racoon that fits in your pocket. Great little item when you can find them. Best,
Brad Burt
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
Jay Sankey's Killer Key can be done for anyone anywhere--is quick and totally magical Here's Jay doing his routine-if you want you can just do the first half...
http://www.magictricks.co.uk/prodshow.asp?code=544

Jay
mtso2000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mtso2000
If they are little kids the sponge rabbits are a great trick
vinzo7217
View Profile
New user
utica, ny
11 Posts

Profile of vinzo7217
I always carry a thumbtip with me, also, color changing silks, multiplying rabbits, spinge balls are a lot of fun with the kids too Smile
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
I teach kindergarten and I constantly use my TT in class for fun. I like to take four sheets of toilet paper (instead of a silk) make it disapear then pull it out of my mouth. blaines got nothing on the reactions I get from my little kids. hahahahaha. good stuff.
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
I carry a few sponge balls and thumbtip blendo. Simple sequence of events that can amaze them. And they will take delight in the next opportunity they have to see another few tricks next time.

Thanks for the opportunity
Edith
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
131 Posts

Profile of Edith
Where do you carry those things with you?

It seems to be quite a lot sponge balls, a deck of cards, d'lites, silks... I can't fit all that stuff in my jeans pockets.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, neither can I... I have a little "package" of magic stuff for if I am going to a unpaid party, and think I will be asked to perform. I have a few ten min routines I can do.

color changing knives is a great idea. The kids love to inspect those. All attention will be off you while you do something else! Smile (Maybe a some other type of paddle would be better for kids? Knives are good, but just be carefull!)

Paper balls over head are also good for kids. At the end for a kicker, crush the paper in your hand, put it in a TT and pretend to throw it over the head. A while ago the audience was in on the secret, now THEY are being fooled!

A Muscle Pass could work well. "Have you ever seen a coin fall up?" I know some GREAT patter and presentation/routines you can do with the muscle pass.

Hummer card, PEN,(not cigarette) thru quarter. Bite out coin. I will be back with more as they come to me...
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Stargazer is such a charmer, and I've been suprised at how many kids and adults are absolutely flabbergasted when the star retains it's shape!

Of course, my hand keeps going numb from the rubberbands around my wrist, but it's a small price to pay.

-Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Quick tricks for kids. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL