The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How do you get insured? How does insurance work? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nickelby
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Nickelby
How do you get insured? How does insurance work?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In your country I have no idea.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Martin S Taylor
View Profile
New user
London, UK
9 Posts

Profile of Martin S Taylor
Here in the UK it's completely impossible to get public liability insurance for stage hypnosis.

Martin
--
Signature deleted by SysOp owing to offensive content.
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
Can you get insurance for a stage magic show or any magic show for that matter?

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
Can you get insurance for a stage magic show or any magic show for that matter?

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In the US you absolutly can and if you have any business sense you will.

ANY show should have it.

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 8:25pm
That sounded harsh let me rephrase so I don't sound mean.

Yes it is possible. And as well as possible it is relativly simple to do as well as cost effective. It is a smart business move to insure any show that involves volunteers for anything.

That had a bit less edge on it. I only mean in the US mind you. Anywhere else I am completly ignorant of and do not speak too.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
For those of you in the USA check out clownsoftheus.com, you do not have to be a clown and they have great insurance for only $180 per year and they specifically state that they do cover stage hypnotism.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Agree Keri - good company and well worth the piece of mind.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Sorry to go back to such an old forum but I am just curious if anyone knows about stage liability insurance in Canada, it would be a big help.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Although, I don't know first hand, Clowns of the USA will insure Canadians as well. From what I hear.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
They will insure Canadians but we need to have an American mailing address which I don't.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Rent a mailbox in the states.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Will they insure me if I don't have any kind of certification?
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Just for the record I believe that if you use an American mailing address to get insurance when your normal address is Canadian that your insurance may prove to be void if you mke a claim in Canada and they discover that your primary address isn't in Canada. Be careful as I think buying insurance under a disguise address may be a false declaration and possibly illegal.

I don't offer this as legal advice but I know I wouldn't trust their insurance if I had to falsify an address to get it.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Maybe, but I believe they claim that their insurance is valid in Canada, and when I e-mailed them my situation I only got one back that said, we only sell insurance to American mailing addresses. Perhaps I should consult my lawyer, however if anyone knows an reputable liability insurance company in Canada, that would be great!
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
I used to have a good insurance company bookmarked out of Windsor that insures eveythings. Let me see if I can dig it up.
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
Please do. ING was covering Stage Hypntists but stopped coverage this year. I've often wondered if someone put in a claim which made them rethink insuring hypnotists
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Thanks for your help guys. RSD, I will be awaiting the name of that company, if you cannot find it that's no problem and I will continue to try to contact clowns of america. Another question for you guys tho, you make it sound like you work without insurance and I have heard of a few stage hypnotists who do. Im just curious as to what everyones liability policy is. Thanks again!!
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Errend posting
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Huh^^?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » How do you get insured? How does insurance work? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL