The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » RIP Don Knotts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I hoped he would live for ever. And he will in my memory.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060226/ap_on_en_tv/obit_knotts
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Don Knotts was clearly original. A clear character from Andy Griffith to Three's Company. Ive never seen anyone impersonate him, probably because there are very few who could imitate that laugh!!!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken has been a favorite of mine ever since I can remember. I recently bought the Don Knotts "Reluctant Hero" DVD set and laughed my tail off. I'm gonna miss him!

Click here to view attached image.
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
He will be missed! When we were kids and saw the "Ghost and Mr. Chicken" we used to run around mimicking Don and saying, "Let me clarify this!". We thought we were hilarious - but of course Don was!

-Brett
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
I believe his and Andy Griffith's friendship began in the 50's film hit No Time For Sargeants where Knotts played a bumbling military psychologist interviewing country boy draftee Griffith's character. Knotts was a unique American clownman.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
My memory is a bit faint on this, but I heard something to the effect that Don, as a ventriloquist while on a cruise ship, was upset over his perceived lack of audience aproval, he threw his dummy overboard, only to hear the muffled cry, " you'll be sorry for this".

Tis a sad loss for sure.

Dr. Solar
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
I only know of one guy who does a great impression of him and that's Bob Rumba. I know everyone will miss Don.
mtso2000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mtso2000
One of the funniest memories I have of Three's Company is Don Knotts taking a stiff drink of something that was pretty potent, and trying to look like he could handle it. The buggy eyes, the classic Don Knotts expression, and one word: "Smooth!" I'll always remember that scene, even though I don't remember anything else about the episode, and it brings a smile to my face.
magic4jc
View Profile
Regular user
Texas, USA
143 Posts

Profile of magic4jc
God-glorified,

Have you ever heard of Dennis Swanberg? He is a Christian comedian that does an awesome impersonation of Don Knotts. Check him out at http://www.dennisswanberg.com

Mike
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
No I havent mike but thanks for the site!
I always like watching Christian comedians and hopefully I'll see that when I get the vids.
Thanks again!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Don Knotts was a true entertainer. He will be missed by a lot of people. I use some of the episodes of the Andy Griffith show to train other police officers. The one I love about Barney Fife is where he was evicted from his room and foiled a con man from taking his former land lady for all she had.

Glenn
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
772 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I understand that Don, although he kept it low key, was pretty good at showing off his magic with a deck of cards. I seem to recall Andy Griffith stating this about his friend in an interview back in the 60's when Andy was still recording comedy records. Can anyone verify this? Was he in the same class as Carson but just kept it on the QT?
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
He was one of a kind! I have some Andy Griffith trading cards that he autographed for me about ten years ago. They are with out a doubt one of my most prized possessions!

Rest in peace Don and keep the Angels laughing!

Dan
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5718 Posts

Profile of Regan
I guess if I have an all time favorite comedian/actor it is Don Knotts. Man, I will miss him. I have watched Andy Griffith so many times it almost feels like I have lost a friend. I truly loved the guy and I think he was a comic genious.

Barney Fife and Ralph Furley are too of the best characters ever created.

Good-bye, and R.I.P. Don.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » RIP Don Knotts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL