The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Surrounded (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
What are some effects that can be surrounded and is there a method in which BA can be used surrounded???

Thanks,
Kyle.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Depending on what use of BA you mean, but I think there is....
I see you're nearing 50 posts, so let's discuss this in the Banquet Room then, shall we?
As Coolio said it, "I'll see you when you get there...."
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Thanks I look forward to seeing you when I get there Smile

Take care,
Kyle
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Robert Harbin's Zig-Zag Illusion can be performed surrounded, but of course only those who bought his limited edition book are allowed to perform it.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Of course BA can be performed outdoors and surrounded. The only problem is that you have to wait for a lunar eclipse.

Patience,

Sid Smile
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
kingsnqueens
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
77 Posts

Profile of kingsnqueens
Quote:
On 2002-11-25 13:00, MarkFarrar wrote:
Robert Harbin's Zig-Zag Illusion can be performed surrounded, but of course only those who bought his limited edition book are allowed to perform it.

Oh Mark if that was only true. Bob Harbin's Book numbered 500 copies. I know as I had the copy #50. I was just home from Viet Nam, and The Magic of Rorert Harbin was a lot of money.

Bob tried to insure that the 500 owners would have exclusive performance rights, but the illusion was, and is so outstanding that it didn't stand a chance of remaining on the QT.

Another performer who premiered it in Hong Kong. Reported that even with it securely lock in for the night at the theatre some people broke in. The next day there were a handful of magicians exhibiting Zig Zag Girl around town.

At least they didn't steal his prop, just the method of doing it.

Now you can find the plans for building Zig Zag Girl at almost any magic shop. Matter of fact I think I could show you where you could buy at least 10 to 12 copies of the illusion itself at any given time.

There seems to be quite a few magicians that will snub Zig Zag as too old fashioned.

Zig Zag was, and still is perhaps the one sock-o illusion that you can do surrounded right under their noses. And it's one the real people will never forget. Isn't that what they call a classic?

I hardly ever do a show that I don't perform Cups & Balls, or Linking Rings. They've been around more than three thousand years, and done right are still fresh today.

Mark please let me commend you for your honesty. It's refreshing to hear from someone with your principles. you are a man who brings honor to our craft.

After all your years in magic you will find that the best thing are the friends you make along the way, and I'd be proud to have you for a friend.

Best Wishes & Good Magic! ... Manyfingers
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Well, The Cube Zag from Chalet can be performed surrounded as well as Origami. Those two we have done before in the round.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
skilusion
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of skilusion
Illusions In The Round - Don Arthur is a book I thought sounded like it might me something you are looking for.
I have not read this book or even seen it for that matter. So, I don't know if it will help you but it is an idea. If you do find it somewhere please let me know. Thanks. I found the listing at the following web address: http://www.magicauction.com/IllusionHotl......ooks.htm
skilusion
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
An illusion that could be surrounded using black art is a life size version of the square circle. You can find this on Mark Wilson's Illusion Video. He shows a few different ways you can do this.
Believe In Magic....I do!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Surrounded (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL