The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » 3 in 1 or Dev-Ray Levitation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davemen
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
16 Posts

Profile of davemen
Anybody seen or used the Dev-Ray?

The ad looks good on it (and apparently you don't need a stagehand for it) but the price on the 3-in-1 is great.

Advice?
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Davemen,
I invented the 3 in 1,I manufacture it and I use it in my show. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about the unit. Unlike a lot of dealers who will not discuss their "Illusions" until you buy it, I will tell you what you need to know so you wont buy the wrong thing for your act.

I will also put you in touch with other magicians who use it every day. It can be altered to accept an electric motor to make it self-working, but I am a purist and like the way we use it now.

Some people have used it to make whole new illusions and some have used it with other illusions to add a new twist to it.
One buyer figured out a way to use it to do metamorphosis where the asst. starts above the box with the curtain and does the switch so he ends up floating above the trunk.
The price direct from us is very reasonable and we are super easy to get a hold off should you ever have a problem.

The welds on the 3 in 1 are unbreakable. Should you ever break it (Improbable)
any welding shop can fix it. All parts can be bought at ANY hardware store in the world.

Please don’t hesitate to call on me for any info you may need.

Dutch Haling
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of reedrc
PS: the number we have on the 3 & 1 site is wrong but if you call the IEI offices or email dutch we'll be glad to help you.

http://www.lorenzoandlorraine.com
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hey Dave,
Are you the same Dave that just E-Mailed me?

Anyway, on with the post, the Dev Ray is electric, runs off 110 volts. It can be done without a backdrop in the middle of the stage. Just like all electric levitations.

What do you want out of the effect? Do you want a stagehand to operate it, or are you trying to go for the, in the middle of the stage look.

Are you a one-man show or do you have help?
If you are a one-man show then the Dev Ray will fit your needs.

I don't know if the Dev Ray is safe and dependable. The ad states that it will hold over 200 pounds.

I hope that it isn't like the Gamola Fetherlight, where you have to look out for falling parts! Like the person falling to the floor! It happened to me! Piece of junk!

I have played with the electric levitation for about 20 years! I came up with ways to operate it from three locations, removing the table and placing it back by myself and walking away from it on stage without a back drop.

About ten years ago I came up with the idea of having custom parts made. The parts can be exchange in a few seconds. With these other parts you have another type of a '3 in 1' levitation.

PM or e-mail me if you want to talk more.

Ray Noble
Magical Dimensions?
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Ray,
unless you have the 3-in-1 in your possession or have purchased one I would like to know how you could say you can make a 3 in 1 with a few custom parts? The 3-in-1 is a one of a kind unit and cannot be hacked together with a "Few parts".
Dutch Haling
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Dutch,
Don't you remember talking to me about a year ago? We each had similar ideas. I have been using an electric levitation for a long time. I got so mad at the Gamola levitation that I had my own levitation built at a pre-fab shop using my own measurements.

I had the 'feet' widened and used steel. The only thing that I used from the Gamola was the motor/lift.

I never called my levitation a 3-in-1 but it does the same lifts. Remember you and I talking about it? I told you how I presented the effect?

I also told you that I was not going to sell it, and I wished you luck with yours. Remember also that you told me a portion of the money from the 3-in-1 went to a needed cause, and that you would give me a discount if I wanted to buy a 3-in-1? I tell you all this so that you will remember me.

Dutch, think about it. Think outside of the box. In an electric levitation, part of the levitation can be taken off. You are left with the feet and an upright post.

Do you see the other parts coming into play?

I lift and remove the couch support and slide another support over the post! The other support has been made to do another effect. To do another effect all I have to do is remove the last support and drop/slide the other custom support onto the upright post!

It only takes a few seconds, but took me years to think of it.

I do not plan on selling my levitation, because I never believed that people would go for an electric levitation that had three supports that can be exchanged.

I hope that you are not mad at me; I never say I had your 3-in-1. In my above post I stated that I had an electric levitation. Yours is not electric. Yours operates from the use of muscle.

I hope that you can now see how the parts are exchanged in a few seconds. It really is very easy once you think outside of the box.

I do not have a name for my type of levitation. To me it is only a tool to do effects.

I wish you luck in selling your 3-in-1. I hope that you really do well.

Ray Noble
Magical Dimensions?
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
I do remember our talk, and, no, I'm not mad, in fact now that you have refreshed my memory I thank you once again for your input and kind words.

What a lot of people don’t realize is that inventors like us have worked long and hard to perfect our illusions and unlike some of the commercial sellers, we care about the quality and reputation of our illusions. Good luck to you in your endeavors and please feel free to call on me for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » 3 in 1 or Dev-Ray Levitation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL