The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "FAKE" comedy documentaries (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
In fact - by listing Dark side as a mockumentary, it ruins the effect a little.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Drop Dead Gorgeous, starring the future Mrs. Pepka, Kirsten Dunst. My fav. new tv show is Drawn Together. An animated reality show with lots of sterotype characters. A super hero, a sexy black musician, an extremely gay D&D type character, a very "Disney-esque" princess etc. One of the most original shows I've ever seen. Lots of adult and sexual humor. If you're offended by South Park, it's not for you. If you want a sample, it can be downloaded at iTunes.
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Quote:
On 2006-03-04 20:38, magicman226 wrote:

Bowling for Columbine wasn't too fake, and it's one of my favorite movies. Fahrenheit 9/11 was propaganda, though, and pretty fake, I'll admit.

Go talk politics elsewhere, this is not the right place.
Tarbell!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I believe that it is the right place. "Not very magical, but...."

Nor is he talking about politics. He was talking about whether or not the documentaries were fake or not.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well then . . . Mission Accomplished.

Jack Shalom
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Chris Guest will always be the king of the genre, having practically invented it. This is Spinal Tap is the top of the heap in my book, but the end of Waiting for Guffman with the "My Dinner with Andre" action figures: gotta love that kind of humor, but if you do: it's the best.

I didn't even think of Arrested Development in this vein really. There is a narrator, but they aren't on camera in a "knowing" way, the way they are in the Office. (Love both shows BTW)

Bob Roberts was amazing. It pretty much predicted the 1994 PA senate race. The parallels were eerie.

I almost forgot about Drop Dead Gorgeous. The Lutheran sisterhood gun club. Choice.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Yes, Amen Reverend! Arrested Development is fantastic. Where you from in PA? I'm about 2 blocks from the capitol.
Mogwai II
View Profile
Veteran user
The Alpes
314 Posts

Profile of Mogwai II
Best One ever:

American Movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181288

I saw it sooo many time! This is a great Porträt of a Filmmaker, struggling to finish his Horrorfilm. The only help he gets is from his stoned friends, his mom and his oncle who's drinking peppermint schnaps all the time.

Enjoy! (the best thing about: its for real!)
"You'll wonder when he comes, you'll wonder more when he's gone..."
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
How could I forget American Movie!!! But alas, it was a real documentary, right?

I loved Arrested development--why is it gone now? Jason Bateman really turned into a great actor. I remember him when he was on silver spoons!

And the Groove Tube is in a class of it's own! Chevy Chase was in that sooo long ago, how about Amazon women on the moon, attack of the killer tomatoes etc...FREAKY.

Ellen
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Zelig.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "FAKE" comedy documentaries (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL