The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » My own Ambitious Card move (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 15:36, bugjack wrote:
Hi Platt, yes, I'm also a little confused as to what the fingering is here. Are you using the third finger to push the double in as the second does the riffle?

Ha, 2002 coming back to haunt me. This is actually still one of my favorite moves for AC. Bugjack, it's my opinion that this is a very tough move to pull off without some form of misdirection because if the double becomes unaligned for just a second, it's quite obvious what's going on . What I like about the riffle is that it let's you pull off the move without the spec. ever having to take his eyes off of the deck. After showing the signed card (double) truly stuck out in the middle of the deck, I'm using the index finger of the left hand to hold the signed card in place. As I riffle the cards above the double (while asking how many cards they think it is), I'm simultaneously nudging the top card of the double forward. Now I can cleanly grab the top card of the double (along with the top half of the deck) as I slide the signed card in. Some people seem hung up on the title of the thread. Sure, if it makes you happier, it's just a subtlety. I don't believe I've ever seen any variations of THIS basic move, where you hold the deck up and show the card truly in the middle. I'm a big fan of this move, I mean subtlety. And it is hard to talk about, so I may post a video.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 15:54, The One wrote:
I might not be getting something here, but if all you are suggesting is a rifle, couldn´t I suggest that you wave your right hand away from the deck while the card is being pushed in, and call it my move?

Not that I think it's a bad idea, I just don't exactly get the point of it being mentioned. Shouldnt the misdirection be worked out within your own performing style?

Actually no. Waving your hand wouldn't work. Remember, I'm suggesting holding the deck up and showing the card in the middle (not just sticking a double in the middle and sliding in the AC) From there, you (i anyway) need some assistance in separating the two. And again, the point here is that the spec. can keep his eyes glued on the deck the whole time. You say: shouldn't the misdirection be worked within your own performing style? If we didn't share our subtleties there wouldn't be much to talk about. But as far as I know, the riffle is the only way I could safely pull off what I'm attempting to pull off without having to divert the eyes of the spec.

best, platt
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » My own Ambitious Card move (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL