We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Help with Larry West's Bill Counting Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

waterford
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of waterford
I'm working on a version of this trick that is found on Volume 3 of the Doc Eason DVDs. There is also a version with large imitation bills founc in one of Mike Close's Workers books.

The version Doc does is with real bills that have been prepared by glueing some together to create the gaffes (different values on each side). You then have to do several Elmsley counts with the bills.

Here is the problem. Although I can handle an Elmsley count with cards, I find that the varying thickness of the bills makes it extremely difficult to do consistently and reliably with them.

Has anyone dealt with this problem? Is it just a matter of getting the "knack", as is so often the case? Or can the bills be prepared in some way that makes them more manageable?

Appreciate any advice that can be shared on this.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I didn't have any problems when doing the trick. but of the different thickness is a problem just glue two bills of the same value together to make the normal bills.
MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
If part of the problem is the bills sticking together, you can use fanning powder, which is used on cards, to make them slip past each other more easily.

Also, you may have used more glue than was necessary, making a very thick package.
It takes very little glue to do the job.
MAGIC HAPPENS !
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21833 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, as MagicPresident said the secret is Fanning Powder or the Instant Shine for shoes sold at most stores like Wal-Mart.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
134 Posts

Profile of marcjh
I just found this post-- I had, I think, the same problem. When performing the Elmsley count, I would often flash the large bill. My solution was to rough one side of two bills to keep them together. (A LITTLE roughing fluid is all that is needed.) It made the Elmsley a breeze. The only problem came when separating the bills, but this is easily overcome. Give it a try-- this is a great trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Help with Larry West's Bill Counting Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL