We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape props displayed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I am not an escape artist, but like many magicians, I have a set of shackles, a neck iron, lenghts of chain and a few handcuffs, all hanging on my wall in the same place. Anyone else get these things perceived as sexual bondage gear? I get people who walk in my room and stop and they all think the same thing. I am sure some of you go through the same thing.. any thoughts/stories?
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Well, I would say hide them but that didn't work out well for me. I went out jogging leaving my girlfriend in bed. Only to come home and see she had linked all my cuffs together and cuffed herself in the chain. I then put up with being called a bondage freak for a few weeks, then my friends decided to chip in, nice thing to hear as you walk throught the pub doors. I explained to them all. And now before I go away I get requests for various peices of kit from my friends. So its alright now I guess.

James
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My cuffs, etc., are in a drawer, with enough other non-escape magic to make the real purpose obvious. They are in the back, first you see the cards and a few other obvious magic props. I don't know what I would tell a snooper other than, "I am a magician" and, "Mind your own business."
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Ahhh come on Cliff...We know you better then that!!!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
LOL
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
One summer I had my garage door open while I was working on my Assistant's Revenge. One of my neighbors who knows me well informed me that the other neighbors were talking. He told me that he confirmed that my wife and I were kinda "kinky." One guy was jogging by and he had to stop and ask, "What is THAT?" I had to laugh and say, "Not what you're thinking, I'm a magician."

Ace
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
I try avoid shipping my gear if I can, I'm always afraid it won't make it. So, a lot of times there are..."items" in my suit case. On a return home trip in the middle of a tour I got stopped at the airport gate. Seems the x-ray was down so bags were getting hand searched. I should add I had packed quickly, just tossed things in the bag...Well, I stood there and watched as the man, with his creepy little rubber gloves, opened my suitcase. First he found a few pairs of fishnet tights, then a pair of spiked heels and a G-string. All this was packed on top of a ziplock bag of handcuffs. I wanted to crawl under the carpet. I was about to explain myself but he made a hasty check of the rest of it, slammed the lid and sent me through. I think he was blushing....

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I'm blushing for you!!!! hehe
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Yeah. Its tough being a collector/user of odd props in a solid "red state"! I ran a post earlier last year about the black leather strait jacket..I like it because it shows up the white rope really well, but it is really percieved as S&M. So...in the context of the show nobody says anything! They are like "okay" its in the show. However, the same stuff seen on the shelf at my house gets snickers. Weird in a way. But yes, there is that issue and association in people minds. In the end I think "Oh, well". I guess if folks think we are wild, then ummmm, I guess they do. Hey....maybe we are! Or not. But maybe.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Ms Morgan`s post has just made an old man feel very happy,,,,,excellant read we must have more posts like this.

Off to have a shower !
Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape props displayed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL