The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic in Washington D.C. ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
I will be in Washington D.C. later this month and would like to know if there are any magic shows, shops, or events happening? I would sure like to squeeze one into the trip! Thanks
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The Magic Collectors Association will be holding their conference in Arlington, just outside of Washington, from March 29-April 2.

Contact Ken Trombly: trombly@magicposters.com

- entity
Sweet William
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Sweet William
There are a couple of very good magic shops within a reasonable distance of downtown DC. Barry's is in Wheaton, MD, about 40 minutes from the Capitol

http://barrysmagicshop.com/

and Denny's, which is on the eastern side of Baltimore in Essex MD

http://dennymagic.com

I'm not certain if Dave Shepherd is performing at Mama's Italian Restaurant in Fairfax VA, but he is almost always there on Wednesday nights about 7 PM.

http://www.daveshepmagic.com/index.html

There are a few other folks around the area at restaurants, but I'm not sure of their schedules. Hope this helps!

SW
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Actually Dave is a very good friend of mine, and he is not currently working at Mama's anymore. Apparently the owner of Mama's doesn't know how to run the business. They just recently underwent a bunch of renovations, which were out of their budget. They decided that the first emloyee to go would be Dave, another bad idea. Dave drew people from all over the area to Mama's on Wednesday nights for several years, now Mama's is going down the drain.

Barry's is a very great magic shop (I'm actually stopping in for a few hours this Saturday to hang out). An employee of Barry's is here on the Café under the user name of Ignore Me. If you have any questions, just look him up.

Denny and Lee's Magic Shop is a pretty cool place to go if youre in the area. He has a huge selection of magic (but I prefer Barry's). Denny Haney is a very well known magician and quite a celebrity. He has a huge pot-bellied pig named Babe that hangs out in his shop, so that's another fun aspect of the shop. But...if you're allergic to cigarette smoke, I suggest you stay away.

If you need anything else, feel free to PM me. Where exactly are you going to be? I'm in Northern Virginia (about 40 minutes from Barry's and about an hour and a half from Denny's). Hope this helped!
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Magic in Washington D.C. ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL