The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » KIOKU - Reviews Wanted (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Anybody got theirs yet? I'm curious as to what I'm about to be receiving.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Have a link or description of the effect?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Here it is...from the Sanctum Card folks:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/?page_id=14
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
This sounds very interesting, although the advertisement for this sounds like it is dancing around a detail that makes the effect sound so appealing. They mention only information regarding the identical backs of the business cards, but steer clear from saying anything about the fronts. To me this sounds like an effect where the subject selects a "memory" from a group of cards, reads and remembers the "memory" written on it and then you divine what they are thinking.

This is, of course, speculation so I could be way off target here. For $15 though, at least it will not break the bank if it turns out to be not what you expected.

I would like to see a review from you after you have seen and played with this for a while to let us all know if this one is worth a look.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Is this similar to the "Rainbow Effect"?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
As of yet, who knows?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2006-03-04 08:35, r1z08 wrote:
This sounds very interesting, although the advertisement for this sounds like it is dancing around a detail that makes the effect sound so appealing. They mention only information regarding the identical backs of the business cards, but steer clear from saying anything about the fronts. To me this sounds like an effect where the subject selects a "memory" from a group of cards, reads and remembers the "memory" written on it and then you divine what they are thinking.

Lets see, someone just thinks of a memory they see and then you devine it. Sounds cool to me!
Kioku is a combination of several methodologies that allow you to appear to know what memory is being thought of as soon as they look at the first card choosen.

This is not for beginners in mentalism. If you have some experience with cold reading, combined with the Kioku card system you have a very powerful routine right out of your wallet.

The instructions have 4 different presentations for using the cards.

There are several different memories printed on the front of the cards.
And yes, the cards are marked.

To answer another post, it is a highly refined, black back, wallet sized version of my Rainbow Effect.

It is much easier than the Rainbow Effect to master though. Half the sales I've had are from people that have the original parlour version.

So nobody needs to speculate anymore. You just got everything except how you actually pull it off.

I'm pretty well known on the forum here, so I would'nt stick my neck on the chopping block if I did'nt think this was a great routine, especially at $15.95 shipping included world wide, plug plug!

It ships on monday. We added 3 more pages of presentation work so the shipping was pushed back a week.

So go at it guys! Give me your best shot. I'm a big boy. If you think it's all hype,
bring it on! Smile

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Rick,
Thanks for the post! It's always nice to see someone stand by their product. It sounds like a really nice effect and I can't wait to see some of the reviews on it.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
I have ordered mine hoping it was an advanced version of The Rainbow Effect. It appears as if it is, so I am really looking forward to receiving a really workable, good value for money routine.

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It is even less expensive than the Rainbow effect Smile - cool - I guess I might as well feed my addiction to magic again and plunk down the dough (at least I can say I have a complete set of Outlaw items in the end Smile)...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Well both Kioku and The Rainbow effect are new to me so I suspect this is going to be a very interesting adventure. I'm hoping to recieve Kioku any day now and will "tell all"...as it were...when I do!

"Go, go Gadget-Airmail!"
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......9&16

I recieved mine today as well, this effect is a smaller verison of an old mathematical trick updated as a "Memory Test," Lee Woodside makes an effect called Satan's scrolls based on the same concept. The advantage of Kioku is that it fits in your wallet (but not the outlaw, unless you plan on messing up the wallet).

The handling does require practice, to make it your own as already noted, but I must admit, I dislike effects that require, you to pick something from one card and then pick it out on another card, reeks of TRICK, why do you have to think of the thought more than once and then do X, sorry does not meet the, "I can read your mind, " Statement.

Does this mean, I do not like the effect? Not exactly, I do not like it as presented in the instructions, but after some (deep) thought I have eliminated, the look into my eyes /do nothing, which seems to be more real for me. I am also working on doing away without the cards provided all together and doing this as an improptu effect using my business cards--yes it can be done, but it still needs work.

So, nice effect, I perfer a different method of performing the effect. If you own the Outlaw, and thought you can carry this effect in the wallet, sorry does not work, unless I missed something.

Looking for something more Bizzare, try Satan's Scrolls by Lee woodside.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I just got kioku and reflections.

What I love about these effects is not only can you get into someones mind, but you can feel their feelings as well. People really get off on these.

Makes me shiver, man.

Just received my witches almanac as well. Busy putting in the time to make this one really special just in time for Halloween Smile

Another great job by rick and the gang at outlaw.

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Kioku is the dogs bo**ocks guys . Play it as big or as small as you like (Ive made a larger set for stage work ) . Easy to follow but relies on your acting skills to make it effective ,otherwise it'll come over as a puzzle .
Heartily recommended ,I don't leave home without it in my wallet .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
Kioku is a wonderful effect. I have had it since Rick first released it and still use it now. When presented correctly you will get wonderful reactions with it.I always carry it in my wallet.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Same for me. I still use Kioku regularly and it is always appreciated. I think there is something about memories that makes it different and special.
justcookin
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of justcookin
I've just performed it on a moment's notice and it played out wonderfully, we ended up talking about the human brain and the unused parts of it - the word "trick" was never used nor was Kioku seen as one!
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
A great little wallet worker!
Reveal little bits of information that would, for most people, make up the chosen memory and it kicks hard.
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
64 Posts

Profile of numizmata
Kioku is one of my favourite one on one effect.
I recommend tell the story about Dr. McConnel very frightening labyrinth experiments.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I have been performing this for a couple of weeks now and- this is absolutely unbelievably awesome! I can't tell you how amazing the reactions have been after doing this trick. Those who have this- if you let the spectator mix the cards up and lay them down (you do not touch the cards) and have them start with whichever card they want and move to the next and so on. This blows them away. This is by far one of my most favorite and easy (after a little memorization) mentalism pieces to perform. Those who are serious mentalists should have this in their arsenal.

Again- another great product Rick!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » KIOKU - Reviews Wanted (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL