The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to buy striking match paper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I know this information is available in the forum but I can't search now so please anyone know where to buy the striking match paper or how to make it, please show me. I know couple of dealers have it too but I can't seem to find the right word to call it when searching so I haven't found it yet. Thank you for any input.

Ken
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
My problem is finding the Stike Anywhere Matches and the striking paper without going thru a dealer.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Orchad always carries strike anywhere match. Usually about $1 each box. The striking paper can use a few times but I'd like to buy the whole piece of 8x11. There was a dealer in another country sells it before but I lost the link.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
What type of store is Orchad?

I have heard that you could use some light grade sandpaper as striking paper.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Here is the store http://www.osh.com/Cultures/en-US?ft=true
Sometime I found them in 99 cent store too.

The sand paper is good if you strike the match on but what I use for is putting it between the natch pull. Oh, maybe that's what I should ask where to buy the match paper supply for match pull. Any one?

Thanks
Ken
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Try Dan Birch. That's where I got mine a few years ago.

Lou
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
The UK has what we call Swan vestas, These are strike anywhere matches. Are these in demand?

For the paper (emery paper) if you want the real stuff then why not take the paper off of a match box/book?
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Whenever I go to a resturant I take a few book matches. Take off the striking paper and discard the paper matches. Tony Clarks uses this for the matches. If you have the old german spring match pull, they put rough sandpaper in it. Just try any wet and dry sandpaper by 3M. They come in different grades. Sanding Belts will work as well, like the emery paper Partizan suggested.

You don't need strick anywhere matches. These are next to impossible to find in a store in the USA now. I did a search some time ago and found you have to buy them in large quanity from the manufacturer and they are not on the internet. Have to do by telephone and mail. Diamond Match Company was the one I did a search on.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Bill,
My local OSH Hardware store (A cousin of Sear store) carries the Strike anywhere match all the time. You may want to check them out.
http://www.osh.com/Cultures/en-US?ft=true

Regarding the paper from the matchboxes. It's kind of a little small for my match pull. I'll try the wet/dry sand paper form 3M. Lou, Thank you for pointing to Dan Birch's site. He does carry it but it is $10 an 8x10 after shipping. I'll see I can find anywhere cheaper first. Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I was in the local PUBLIX food store today and saw several 3 packs of "strike anywhere's" (big box). I have also found them in BI-LO and ACE/TrueValue Hardware stores.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to buy striking match paper? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL