The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » If Morelli is better than the original ring flite, Just say anything!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maxss1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of maxss1
I'm from korea IN korea, only original ring flite, and rinkey dinky is available.
So I found out the morelli and the ringer. I don't know what to choose.
I was just looking for the non-reel flite, and Finally found it on vikings.
I know Morelli and Ringer are both strong, but since I'm here, I just want the
non-reel one. Therefore, I don't care what I get. If it's better, and if it's possible to activate like the original flite, Please give me an answer!!!!!!!!

I will Really, Honestly thank you if you answer this question below, too.
1. Does it comes with manual?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
From reading your other post I would suggest learning some other routines possibly from books before spending a lot of money on single gimicked tricks like this....

It sounds like you really don't understand the methodology behind the effect or what your looking for, so you might want to work with that instead of just buying an expensive gimick that you won't understand how to use....
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The Morelli and Ringer are both non-reel.
Both are good.

I'm not sure what you mean by "activate". There's no reels, just sleight of hand.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3885 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I've had them all and Morelli is the best. Michael Dustman, fellow Café member, was kind enough to let me have his a few years back and it's been a staple in my act ever since. Ringer is ok, but Morelli has advantages over Ringer. Plus, the price is right.
maxss1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of maxss1
Thank YOu all
for answering I really Thank you
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5734 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I like Ringer over the Morelli, anyday. Ringer looks like an actual key ring. Ringer can't be examined, but no one has ever wanted to examine it. The Morelli is huge, but can be examined.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Morelli has to be reset, and ringer needs no reset, they both cost around $30. There is only one problem with ringer, you can't use credit card or paypal. Steve Dusheck makes them and only accepts check or money order in US dollars.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1152 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
If you want a Rinky Dinky or a Ringer, I will sell them both to you for $50 plus shipping. Both were non workable in my opinion. And Rinky Dinky is a reel.

The Morelli Ring served me well for 3 years as a Bartender and probably logged close to 850 - 900 performances behind the bar in addition to everyday use and strolling gigs. I don't agree with the reset for Morelli. It resets instantly. I took one look at Ringer and placed it right back in the bag.

I have been using Pete's Just In Case for about a year and a half now, and it is quite nice.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3885 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree with Michael regarding Rinky Dinky (horrible) and Ringer. My Ringer saw the light of day only briefly. Morelli has no reset. You just screw the clasp back on and your basically reset. I also had Just in Case but for my walk around gigs, it was just too much to deal with. Morelli is simple and practical and it takes up little to no pocket space which is what I look for in an effect.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5331 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Here is another vote for the Morelli! I have three of them and got rid of the medallion and put a BMW fob in its place on the one I use. I don’t get the “size” issue! the wire oval (really pear shape) is 2.5 inches tip to tip and only about 1-inch wide at the widest point. Does it look like a key ring? Well if it comes out of your pocket holding keys then it looks like a key ring.

Reset? Well putting the Morelli in your pocket resets it. Note it took longer to type that line than to reset my Morelli (here in my shirt pocket as I type). Ringer has a slight reset too! It is more a placement than reset.

I have used the Morelli for over a decade, I can’t remember when I started using it, but I bought it from Joe Stevens before I moved to my present location and I’ve been here 10 years!

For my stand-up gigs I tend to use Pete Brio/Joe Popper’s “Just in Case”. It is a great performance piece and I suspect will totally replace anything else I’m using over the next year (even for walk around). I’ll have to get a second one before it reaches that status in my repertory.

Let me say, that I have had and used “Ringer” with no problem at all. I bought it from Al Cohen almost 25 years ago. However, I managed to lose it somehow and never replaced it. I consider it well made, deceptive and close in appearance to the Morelli Ring Flight. In fact I bought the Morelli because it looked similar and handled similar to the Dusheck “Ringer” I was used to handling.

I would buy both, play with both then stick with the one that best fits your fingers (only a working magician will understand that)! When you find “the one” that is best for you, buy two more of them and put them safely away. Ten years from now you are going to need it (because of breakage, loss, etc.) and it won’t be available at any price.

By all means, get one and get to work with it!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks Harry, what you say makes real world sense.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL I have both Morelli and ringer. I love them both although I will be honest I have not used either out here in Iceland but I hope to change that here in the near future. I would love to see others video who have taped themselves. The only issue that I am having is coming up with a nice routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » If Morelli is better than the original ring flite, Just say anything!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL