The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Note Pad Surprise or Axtell Magic Board? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
hello everyone,,...i was wondering, in your opinions which is better and more valuable for a magician, the note pad surprise or the axtell magic OR axtell FX boards ( axtell now has two versions of their board available ) ,,,,any input would be great!,,

Thank You All,
Bob
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I have Notepad Surprise and I think its great for close up or parlor. I also have it for sale if you PM me for info. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I think that this question would definitly depend on the performing venue. What I mean is are you intending to do this trick for stage or close-up/parlor? I believe that the Axtell Magic Board is intended for stage. I might be wrong though. I personally own note pad surprise and I would have to say it has its good qualitys and the bad. I wouldn't perform this myself in a situation in which people were surrounding you like a restruant. This is just my personal prefrence though and others might disagree. I love the looks on the spectators faces as you pull the paper off the notepad and give it to them and it is completly normal!

I highly recommend Note Pad Surprise for kids shows and other performing venues. If you are wanting to perform an animation like this for stage Axtell Magic Board would be better or even the Note Pad Surprice that is made for stage that has hands free eye movement looks pretty stunning.
Smile
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
mansomago
View Profile
New user
spain
57 Posts

Profile of mansomago
i prefer the note pad surprise
lmrmagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of lmrmagic
If your primary performance is for children then the magic drawing board is the way to go. Less Expensive. Can be made seasonal. come in two sizes. You can get lots of time out of it. Children go crazy with laughter over it. If you do go this way. Make sure you get teh axtrax CD to go with the board these professional CD really make a huge diffrence.

Google search for Magic Drawing board video:
http://www.ronjo.com/video_demos.htm

Drawing board:
http://www.ronjo.com/Merchant2/merchant.......boardbig

Axtrax CDs:
http://www.ronjo.com/Merchant2/merchant.......ry_Code=
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I bought Note Pad Surprise (small version) and do not care for it. It is well made, but a bit too delicate for me. I do a number of outside shows, and a breeze can ruin this routine. Also, it has some angle problems too. It's clever and well done - just not something that can be done in tough conditions...which is something that I look for.

The jumbo version seems outragiously overpriced ($350.00), if it's anything like the small version.

Ron Reid
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Quote:
On 2002-11-29 12:03, lmrmagic wrote:
If your primary performance is for children then the magic drawing board is the way to go. Children go crazy with laughter over it. If you do go this way. Make sure you get teh axtrax CD to go with the board these professional CD really make a huge diffrence.

Axtrax CDs:
http://www.ronjo.com/Merchant2/merchant.......ry_Code=

Excuse my misreading of this post, but at first glance I thought you were suggesting Anthrax CDs as the background for a children's show.

While I'm sure that Chris Angel has some appeal with the younger crowd, and the age range of KISS's fanbase creeped into the single digits during the mid-seventies. The concept of using 80's metal to highlight a children's show just strikes me as hilarious.

However a more contemporary show involving Creed and rope magic sounds like a lethal mix.
Quote:
On 2002-11-30 08:18, Ron Reid wrote:
The jumbo version seems outragiously overpriced ($350.00), if it's anything like the small version.

Ron Reid

The Jumbo version is preprogrammed (according to the adverts) much like the dancing hank. I'm guessing you sacrifice spontenaity for something a bit more visible and more angle proof.

This might explain the higher price tag.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Note Pad Surprise or Axtell Magic Board? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL