The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Random thanks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
Hi Sue and Tim,

Just writing to thank you for all your contributions to the world of magic. I saw your lecture two or three(?) years ago in Vienna and it was both the funniest and most inspirational I've ever seen. I think I'm not exaggerating by saying you got me to think about magic in a wholly different way and thereby changed the way I perform - and practice - my magic.

Again, thank you for bringing your energy and creativity to our art. I hope you continue to inspire a lot of people along the way.

Best,
Christof

PS: However, Tim, I remember seeing how you switched one of the shakers at the end of the cups and balls routine ... ;-)
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13419 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'll jump in and give you a random thanks as well. I went to your lecture in Sacramento, CA. Had a great time, bought a ton of stuff, and enjoyed every minute of the evening.

I never thought I'd think 6-card repeat was entertaining but yours was.
Same with runaround sue.

great work.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I would also like to add a random "Thank You" to the list.

I found a video of Tim performing his Runaround Sue Cups & Balls at a magic video site on the web ("See Magic" or something like that). I had never seen magic performed like that before.
I was more than impressed. Even though I am simply an amateur, your work has greatly influenced the way that I do magic.

By the way, your DVDs are among my most treasured and probably the most viewed in my collection. I look forward to experiencing a live performance someday.

So thank you and best of fortunes in all of your endeavors

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
CHRISTOF - I remember that lecture in Vienna very well! Magic Christian showed us incredible hospitality while we were there and even gave us the full city tour. It's such an amazing place. I'm really glad you enjoyed the lecture and, what you got out of it, thinking about magic in a different way is exactly what we were aiming for. I truly think that there is sooooo much about magic as a performing art that is yet to be discovered.

FRANK - Sacramento. Grand Illusions! We've been there twice (once with each lecture) and had an absolute ball. Again, hospitality was superb and they have such a great set-up there for lecturing (a mini stage in the back of the shop) and they create a great atmosphere even before the lecture begins. Also, Grand Illusions is where we got our skeleton from! Smile While we were setting up in the back room we saw this incredible full-size skeleton - we just don't get stuff like that hear in Australia - and we bought it on the spot. Steve was kind enough to post it back to Australia for us and now it resides standing up in a coffin in our front room. (You actually have to push him aside and walk through the coffin to get into our house.... I'll leave that for Sue-Anne to explain, she's the creative one who put our whole "entrance experience" together.)

MIKE - Happy birthday for yesterday! I think you were one of the first to get our DVDs as soon as they came out. I'm really glad you still enjoy them. As for 'See Magic' and the clip on 'Runaround Sue' (they also had a clip of our Sub Trunk on their site) I don't know what happened to them... their site seems to have just disappeared... but I've put Ben Whimpey of Orsino Images to the task of uploading 'Runaround Sue' and a few other clips onto youtube.com I'll let you all know through the Café or our Blog as soon as they are up. He might even put Sue-Anne's Jeannie stage act up too.

On behalf of Sue-Anne, though I'm sure she'll be in here any minute too (it's 7.45am here in Australia right now!) I just want to say thanks for all the thanks, and it has definitely been our pleasure!
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
I, too, offer my thanks. I saw your lecture at Ithaca, NY (I was the young kid). It was quite inspirational seeing you perform.

I also enjoy your Magic Fakers page.

Thanks again!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Thanks LDM. Ithaca was one of those places us Aussies had only heard mentioned on TV shows so I didn't even know it really existed until Danny Archer told us we were going to lecture there, and it was a great group!

Glad you enjoy Magic Fakers. Personally, I wish there was no need for the whole page to exist... but that discussion is for another thread! Smile
Sue-Anne Webster
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
97 Posts

Profile of Sue-Anne Webster
Thankyou for the thanks. We had a BALL. Hard work, yes - but meeting so many really nice people, making us feel so very welcome just made us want to work harder!
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
245 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
Tim and Sue-Anne - I am very happy to have you two grace The Magic Café. I seems like a lifetime since we first met and now many shows, lectures and accolaides, you continue to give your time to the many magicians, both pro and amateur, who can gain much from your experience. A note to those who are just hearing about Ellis & Webster: LISTEN UP! . . . it's rare when brilliant thinkers of magic freely give their advise. I've known Tim since puberty. . . . mine, not his. His wonderful ways and methods of magic are the best in the business. And how lucky for Tim to find Sue-Anne! She's one dynamo of talent and creativity! What more could you ask for in a magical couple?
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Jeff you smoooooth talker you! Smile

I can't agree with what you said about me (though I can't deny being flattered) but I definitely agree that I was incredibly lucky... maybe more accurately "blessed"... to find Sue-Anne.

"Dynamo" is an understatement! You should see her at combat classes!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Random thanks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL