The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » An idea for the french arm chopper.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
....with thanks to Darwin Ortiz...

"Does anyone here have a lighter? You sir? Thank you very much. HAs this lighter served you well so far? Has it been reliable? We'll see...how about you join me up on stage and we'll test it!"

"Many years author Roald Dahl wrote a story called The Man From The South about a young man, like yourself, who meets an old Gambler in a hotel bar. The two get talking and before he knows it they young man has bet the ols gambler that his lighter will light ten times in a room without ever failing. If he wins, the old gambler will give him his BMW. If he loses, the young man has to give up...one...single...finger."

"So I thought tonight you and I could recreate this classic story. I'll be the gambler, you be the young man."

"Of course, this won't be exactly the same because I don't have a BMW...only a Toyota. And also, I would expect you to risk your finger.....but your hole hand (reveal the chopper)."

From here the rest is self explantory...If he loses...chop off his hand give it to him in a bag and send him back to his seat. If he wins, accidentally take off his hand anyway and then give him a Toyota (a toy yoda).
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
That's weird, I was chatting to a mate about that story not so long ago. It's one of the ones everyone remembers.
Interesting idea to base a trick on it ,although to pay true homage to the story is there any way you could make the ending a little more "unexpected"?

George

P.S. Toy Yoda? Rule Botania? I was going to send you my Tim Vine DVD to convert you to puns but it seems someone got there first!!
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I thought about that too but then realised that the fact that the hand falls into the basket at the end is 'unexpected' ending.

PS - I tried ten puns out in the Café and they didn't get many laughs...in fact NO PUN IN TEN DID (no pun intended)
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2006-03-08 17:34, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
NO PUN IN TEN DID (no pun intended)

Ouch! That one was literally painful.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » An idea for the french arm chopper.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL