The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Vinny Marini's "La Famiglia" DVD - Wow! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Being a friend of Vinny's, Charlie's and Rannie's, I was hesitant, for obvious reasons, to offer any opinion or comment on the soon-to-be-released "La Famiglia" DVD. But, having now viewed an advance copy, I have to tell you, "WOW!" This collection - with its very "family," relaxed feel to it - is filled with sleights and concepts you will, without doubt, want to add to your routines. If you walk away from the DVD with just one new sleight or routine (and you will), your money will have been well spent and you will be endorsing your fellow magical brethren.

For example, Rannie's "Mental Torn" effect (two spectators choose cards, one is immediately found and the other appears visually corner-by-corner and then restored) is not only a complete routine - but Rannie explains several moves/sleights that can easily be used in your own effects. Among other things, I, for one, am certainly glad Rannie did not learn his one handed top palm correctly! Rannie's difficulty with the top palm led him to a very versatile and visual card change that is pure joy to practice and show.

In addition to the card effects, there are coin effects/moves I intend to translate over to use with poker chips. Joe Jesse's and Mano's moves, in particular, remind me of the Slydini effects I grew up with.

If the contributions from others aren't enough, the DVD also contains Vinny's "Squeeze Palm" and "Top Change." Even if you have been fortunate to have Vinny send you his "demos" by email, you will want to own this DVD! Both sleights will not only change your card handling but your thinking about the way sleights are developed and deployed.

I am a better magician for having Vinny's material in my arsenal - you will be, too! Go to Vinny's site, support these contributors/innovators and pre-order/order the DVD now:

http://vinnymarini.com/

Enjoy. - Scott
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
This should in no way be thought of as a review. Also I consider Vinny a friend even though I have never met him in person. But I have seen quite a lot of video of his card effects and moves. I own and consider his Godfather DVD and his Top Gun DVD well worth owning because the magic is the kind of magic that if a person puts the time in and learns it right. It is the kind of magic that can be enjoyed by any audience in the real world of entertainment.

Vinny’s magic is strong, it is visual and his moves are different than most of the run in the mill card and coin technique that has been published lately. You know the kind of magic that is just a knock off of a knock off of a knock off. Vinny’s moves are really different - they work if you put the time in and are well worth learning to improve your arsenal of card and coin technique for performing card and coin effects in the real world. In front of a paying audience!

There is a new magic word for magic in the DVD market for magicians - La Famiglia. First of all this is not a performance DVD this is a teaching DVD the magic effects are shown to the camera for the most part not shown to a studio audience! In fact this was not taped in a studio but taped sort of "around the world".

Here is a run down of effects…

Mental Torn By, Rannie Raymundo - This is a stunning card effect where two people select a card. One of the cards is signed by the spectator. The are both placed into the deck and the first selection is produced. And then the second spectator is asked to make an image of his signed card in his mind and then make an image of his card being torn into four pieces. Rannie then holds the deck like a color change with the faces toward the spectator and has the spectator toss one corner at a time (pretend)- at the deck and Rannie restores the card one corner at a time and the signed card becomes visibly restored and given to the spectator.

This is a stunning effect and worth the price of the DVD by itself.

Spectators Visual Coins Across By, Eric Jones - An in the hands stand up routine where 3 silver dollars are produced, vanished reproduced and then go from hand to hand. This would be a wonderful coin effect at tables in restaurants and at performances where you did not have a table and need to work out of your pockets. There are a lot of faints with the vanishes that reproductions where you can have a lot of fun with the audience - and that provokes entertainment in this well worth it to learn well thought out routine.

The Magical Aces By, Pablo Tejero - Cards change from jokers to aces and it looks like magic.

Demagnetized Raven By, Mano - A coin is placed on the table and the magician can be in short sleeves. His hands are waved over the coin and the coin vanishes and it is reproduced.

Jazzy Sarah By Dan Oakes - A card is selected and lost in the deck. Magician removes a helper cards and it is crimped and then using the first finger it is hit and the card travels into the deck around the center and it lands next to the selected card. Good table magic and a very clean no nonsense routine.

Coin Vanish And Reproduction By, Joe Jesse - This is a one coin routine where Joe vanishes and reproduces a coin in a very clean series of vanishes and reproductions. Me telling you this it doesn’t sound right in cold hard print. Because there is no way that I can say how beautiful and clean the vanishes are. You will just have to buy the DVD and find out how great it is.

The Squeeze Palm By Vinny Marini - Shown to café members and well worth learning and will improve your arsenal of quality card technique. This squeeze palm has many uses in card magic and can be used in a lot of routines.

The Godfather Top Change Vinny Marini - Shown to Café members and this is the only top change that I have seen to this date that could fool a TV camera and can be done with a spectator burning your hands and the deck. Well worth learning and it will improve your arsenal of quality card technique.

For the success of learning magic as well a the success of becoming a magician this DVD as Vinny’s other DVD’s give us as students a lessons and principals and techniques that work. Vinny the Godfather and his mob have done this on this new DVD called La Famiglia.

The effects of strong magic and great technique is right here on this DVD for a reasonable price. What is needed is a magician to find them, learn them, adapt them and add the winning personality and the smile to earn the respect and the gratification of the audience when they perform the effects.

Well Done Vinny the Godfather his MOB.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Scott and Bish, those are great write-ups! Vinny and I were both weary with how the magic community was going to react with a DVD that was shot individually by the performers. I think the material speaks for itself though and if people view the DVD as a teaching tool, they will get something out of it. The material is well-explained and more than adequate to learn from. Again, thanks for the positive reviews!
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I appreciate these write-ups-- my intrest is peaked.......
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thank you Scott and Bish for your write ups
This was and is a experment with Charlie C and myself, we wanted to showcase the magic of the Café members because there are so many wonderful performers out in the world. If this is a sucess and I hope it will be we have other members that are waiting to become part of La Famiglia ..
the next DVD we will have more performers and more effects with shorter explainations..
the godfather
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Café members
This is not a review, because Vinny has been a friend of mine ever since I joined the magic Café, but that being said. I have an advanced copy of La Famiglia which Vinny Marini has joined with 6 other magicians that each had a special trick to share, so it is a collection of 8 great card, and coin tricks performed by a bunch of guys hand picked by Vinny. The routines of Dan Oakes, Mano, Pablo Tejaro, Eric Jones, Joe Jesse, and Rannie Raymundo were just great to watch, and I can't wait to learn a few. The Godfather has given us a DVD featuring himself, and six great young close up magicians.
GREAT STUFF
Al Angello

PS- Vinnie I'm working on the squeeze palm, and the top change to show you when I see you in Vegas this June.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
d4thmagi
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of d4thmagi
It's not everyday that you get to hang out with a great performer and thinker. I'm sure glad to be lucky enough to have known Rannie and his mental torn and restored card. The visual aspect of this routine is pure delight and the in-your-face restoration approach is surely a killer. The move may not be that easy at first but once you have it down, you can integrate this sleight to your other routines and a good addition to your arsenal of moves. Great work!
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2006-03-09 10:19, vinsmagic wrote:
Thank you Scott and Bish for your write ups
This was and is a experment with Charlie C and myself, we wanted to showcase the magic of the Café members because there are so many wonderful performers out in the world. If this is a sucess and I hope it will be we have other members that are waiting to become part of La Famiglia ..
the next DVD we will have more performers and more effects with shorter explainations..
the godfather vinny

I think it is a great idea and the magic ideas on the DVD are well worth learning to any magician that likes doing magic in the real world.

Great Job Vinny!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
I think is important to take note of Vinny's terms, "experiment" and "showcase." Vinny and Charlie have provided a method/forum for magicians to "showcase" their talent and share their secrets/routines/effects. I have long lamented with "older" magicians the loss of the brick and mortar magic shops I grew up with - the places where you actually learned and shared and cared and supported each other. Let's not lose Vinny's "experiment," too. It is important to encourage all involved in this project!
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
We actually had a lot of other members submit their material and hopefully this material will get out somehow in one form or another. Maybe another La Famiglia dvd or some form of print. Items such as Pablo's Caress Change were beautiful to watch and learn!
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I love Eric's Routine as well as Joe's vanishes and repro. Its great to be in the same DVD with you guys.

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Anyone who isn't a personal friend seen these? Any actual reviews?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Reproduction are being made and will be shipped out in a week or so. I myself have seen the final edit just yesterday. Well, Friend or no friend I stand by my earlier post. Eric, and Joe you guys were great!

As much As I want to make a review , I am in no position to do so. The review should come up in a few weeks from those who pre ordered.

Peace,

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I'm hoping Vinny and Charlie will submit a DVD two Steve Brooks and to couple of magazines like Genii or Magic for honest review........
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Quote:
On 2006-03-15 14:00, Godhandz wrote:
I'm hoping Vinny and Charlie will submit a DVD two Steve Brooks and to couple of magazines like Genii or Magic for honest review........

I honestly prefer won´t, my effect is very bad Smile

But the rest of the dvd, is pure real great magic 100%
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Pablo not true... Magical Aces is a excellent small packet effect ,,, and your card handling has that Asciano influence . I am sorry that we could not put you caress change on the dvd . this is one of the most elegant and beautiful changes ever.......Ir will be on our next project.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
When I saw the full DVD, I was very impressed with the quality of effects that Vinnie managed to get people to contribute, and very proud to be included. Vinnie is a friend, but I don't personally know anyone else appearing on the DVD. Rannie's and Pablo's effects are great, the coins across & vanish...Vinnie's material... there's something for everyone on here. Really nice job by Vinnie and Charlie, in selecting the magicians and effects, as well as the other performers.

-Dan Oakes
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Dan,

I'm working so hard now to m@# a deck. Nice to be in the Famiglia with you. I'm glad none of us ended up sleeping with the fish. Take it easy!

The DVDs are being shipped now. It should arrive in a week.
Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Vinny has generously shared his magic with me and countless others on the Café....free for the asking. Everything I have seen has been amazing as well as practical real world magic. All three of his DVD's are offered now as a bundle for 62 bucks and that includes shipping. (call it an offer I can't refuse) Check out the site, check out the demos and decide for yourself....

and drop Vinny a line....he is a true class act.
Dredz
View Profile
Loyal user
La Famiglia! East Coast
257 Posts

Profile of Dredz
Wow!!!! I am flattered by all the kind words about my coin magic. I would like to thank The Godfather for letting me be part of this project. It was an honor Vinny. Thanks again..Joe Jesse...aka dredz

Ps..Why the name Dredz? Here is a flashback http://www.joethemagician.4t.com/photo.html Ummm..no comment!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Vinny Marini's "La Famiglia" DVD - Wow! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL