The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Thumb Tip & Silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
My wife has very small hands/fingers.
She just received her first TT which is actually a small finger tip and is still too loose on her thumb to handle a 9" silk and stay on her thumb.
We were told by several brick and mortar shops that she would have a hard time finding a small TT that would fit her.
Is there something she could adhere into the inside of the tip to help it stay on her thumb?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks ~ Dan
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Boil the tip and mold it...Cordially,Howard
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Zazz,

Well, an option that you could use would be to get a 6th finger and cut it down to size. I still have very small hands but when I was young that was my choice. Also check out an old D'Lite. Just remove the gimmick. It doesn't hold a large load, but a 9" silk should fit fine. Also, you can get some of the flesh colored foam adheisive tape from Wal-mart and line the inside just at the base of the tip. This will narrow the opening just a bit, but still maintain the same load size and it will give you a little bit of tackiness. You may think of using a diamond cut silk as well.

I am sure you know this but I would be remiss if I didn't mention that a tip isn't designed to fit tightly on your thumb. Gary Darwin has a great DVD set on the thumb tip and he has some wonderful tips on there.

Hope this helps...

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sometimes, just taking the tape from a cloth type BandAid and sticking it around the inside walls of the tip will do two things. First it will reduce the diameter (use wrinkles if necessary). Secondly, it will increase the friction of the tip on the skin.

Don't forget the advantages of diamond cut silks. A 12" diamond cut takes the space of a 9" square but looks like an 18" square! The pointed corner helps too!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Thumb Tip & Silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL