The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Another side of Sue-Anne » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Sue-Anne wouldn't bring this up herself, but I think some of the Café members might be interested in this story about her sponsor child that appeared in 'World Vision News' back in 1998.

http://www.magicunlimited.com/Pubdreams_can_come_true.htm
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
That's awesome.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

Meeting Tujana must have been an incredible experience for Sue-Anne and I can only imagine what memories that little girl was left with. Thanks for sharing this story with us Tim.

Chrystal
MatBlack
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MatBlack
It's funny,

when I was growing up my brother, sister and I always had at least 1 foster brother or sister through World Vision, thanks to my parents. When I moved out on my own it was just a natural progression for me to find a foster child of my own.

My wife on the other hand had never experienced the joy that a letter from someone who is actually benefiting from your support can bring you. Her family is from a 'Northern' Greek background, and there's not a lot of exposure to international aid in a remote mountain village in Greece - where the late 70's showed the introduction of 'electricity' and 'town water' is something you still go to the city to experience...so when I suggested recently taking another on - she was a little unsure.

Not because she is mean spirited or anything - far from it in every way - but she just had no understanding of the magnitude of the impact in can have. On you, as well as them.

If you don't have an intenational aid foster-child - think seriously about it. If you do - think seriously about a second. To you, the few dollars a week mean a couple of coffees less. Or 1 extra show a year. To them (as Sue-Anne's article shows) it means the world of difference to them, their families and their communities.

M@
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Thank you Sue-Anne. You have an understanding of a very special kind of magic.
Sue-Anne Webster
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
97 Posts

Profile of Sue-Anne Webster
It's one the best kinds of magic Smile
tellingatalltail
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tellingatalltail
Sue-Anne,
NO.....it's reality! That is the true work of a great soul! Magic is what makes you speacial Smile
Elly May Drudge
View Profile
Tim Ellis' snoopy neighbor
Melbourne, Australia
40 Posts

Profile of Elly May Drudge
Righto - don't give her a big head!
Sue-Anne Webster
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
97 Posts

Profile of Sue-Anne Webster
Butt out of it Elly May.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Another side of Sue-Anne » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL