The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Hints for contestants at FISM? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
I'm not competing at FISM but as I read another thread I came to wonder if you have got any tips for contestants at FISM. I mean, obvious do's and don'ts that might not be as obvious for all of us who aren't judges?
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Good question Anders! (And great to see you in here too!)

Here are some very obvious don'ts:

DON'T - look at a successful act and copy it with slight changes.
DON'T - look at a successful act and copy it at all!
DON'T - do routines you've bought at a magic shop or a lecture.
DON'T - create a 'theme' act where it's all based around (for example) Barbie Dolls, whee they multiply, change colour, and then grow to life size as a climax.
DON'T - do an act that is purely a demonstration of skill.
DON'T - do any type of act which ends up with you looking great at the expense of any volunteers or assistants.
DON'T - do any act where any animals are being hurt or even look as though they're being hurt.
DON'T - use any foul language. Even when used in context this can offend sensitive judges and lose you points.

I actually wrote a series on 'How To Win A Magic Competition' on our blog. I could post it here in The Café if people would like, or you can take a look at it here:

http://magicunlimited.typepad.com/magic_......_ma.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Hints for contestants at FISM? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL