The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » World's Longest Magic Show » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Being special guests in here is starting to feel like when we did 'The World's Longest Magic Show'.

A group of us did magic, non-stop, for 75 hours. (Mat knows ALLLLL about this!)

I was wandering around in a sleep-deprived daze... buzzing away trying to think of more tricks to do... a little like I am now! Smile
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
Must be time to break that record again soon huh Tim?
Magic, Illusion and Data Management
www.stardockmagi.blogspot.com

I picture a world of love and peace, a world without war where people live together in harmony.
I also picture us attacking that world 'cause they just wouldn't expect it
MatBlack
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MatBlack
You should provide everyone with the link to the details - for those who don't know what it is you're talking about...

M@
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic

I picture a world of love and peace, a world without war where people live together in harmony.
MatBlack
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MatBlack
You really are the IT support for Tim and Sue-Anne....I spotted that on the blog - nice videos on your blog too....

M@
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Mat, tell us your stories about WLMS, and I'll tell the one about the aerotechnic that never was.
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
Thanks Mat, just being helpful, I'm quiet work wise at the moment and am here at the pute most of the day so....

Tim and Sue-Anne have also always been lovely to me and Tim has given me plenty of his time on the phone when I want to talk to a fellow magi. I'm no great magician, but that hasn't stopped Tim from giving me advice and helping me get better. So if I can use my tech skills to help out, all the better, I guess I kind of like to believe in Karma and try to follow the "do unto others" sentiment.

Brendan

spadesy
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of spadesy
The best part about the WLMS was that any magician could be fitted in to schedule to perform. This is the best way to learn and I wish we could have another show like it, realistically speaking, such as an all day magic show.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
The worst part about WLMS was that even though magicians were fitted into the schedule to perform, sometimes they didn't turn up! Other times they turned up later when there were plenty of performers around... where were they at 4 in the morning... Smile

Actually the early hours weren't usually a problem, we had a dedicated crew of 4 or 5 night-owls who enjoyed performing for the tiny midnight to dawn audience, and they did an excellent job.

Though I do remember waking up (I slept a little on a thin mattress in the kitchen) and seeing Jade wandering around in a daze saying "Tim, Tim, we need you now, we're running out of tricks." By that stage, Jade hadn't slept for about 50 hours. (He was keeping the log of performers and tricks as well as performing from time to time). I forced him to take a shift on my mattress while I grabbed a deck of cards and about half an hour later he was back and looking fine again!

I actually encourage any group to tackle this record. Not so much for the little certificate you get (eventually) but, as Spadesy said, for the experience.
Dean A
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Dean A
I think that I was one of those people who said they couldn't and then did anyway....... at the wrong time. Yea, I dived about like an idiot as usual and then went home at a reasonable hour to my bed. Only vegimite and sheer will pulled those early morning guys through. The last thing I remember was seeing a Himber wallet containing a prediction being placed on to a table at around 12 midnight.

D
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
I'll have you know that Dean, working in conjunction with his friend Kamal, did the longest act in the whole show: 105 minutes!

I think the Himber Wallet was placed on the table around the 90 minute mark and Dean, yes, the prediction was correct!
Dean A
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Dean A
Well I didn't like to boast. I'll tell you what that was a tough few hours. By the end we were improvising routines using nothing but double lifts and sheer determination. I actually did the 'Dynamic Coins' at one point. The exact way I dem it At The Magic Store except bigger and more idiotic.

I remember now that the prediction in the HW was correct......one side of it anyway.

D
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Well whatever you guys were doing it was hilarious and extremely entertaining.

I'd still like to see your jumbo coin version of Dynamic Coins I've heard rumours about...

Glenn was especially hilarious in the midnight sessions... was he on when you were there?
Dean A
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Dean A
I think Glenn started JUST after us and proceeded to do his whole Kids act followed by his cabaret show and balloon swallow. He certainly revved them up. As far as the jumbo Dynamic coins is concerned, I believe Tenyo abandoned the idea due to a lack of contries with silver currency that large. Did you know that Australia (and it's small magic retail market) has it's very own Dynamic coins fitted to perfection by Tenyo? You can't pretend that any other coins fit anymore, even the 10p piece is a little too large. I believe the quater can still be prized in and out of our set though.

D
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
You are the Diva of Dynamic Coins Dean
Dean A
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Dean A
Lol

I AM though. Helps to put food on my table.

D
Dean A
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Dean A
OK here goes....I admit it.

When I work I use a small tripod table with a velvet covered, wooden top. It helps for Cups and Balls, Cylinder and Coins and Matrix and stuff. In the professional world I sometimes detatch the table from the stand, turn the top to wooden side up, get a person to hold it and do the Dynamic coins on the hard surface It's a killer.

That's enough about me though...back to WLMS

D
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1233 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Speaking of WLMS - Nelson is in here right now! He did 4 hours and 1 minute of magic. Maybe he can be lured in here to tell us about his experiences in The World's Longest Magic Show.
Ctgalex
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Ctgalex
It was an unforgettable experiences. And I still can't believe I have done more than 4 hours (4/75 * 100% = 5.33333%) 5% contribution is a lot and I am so proud of myself (Tim has done 14 hours though)

Most of my scheduled performing is from 0000-0060. I was a bit worried about whether there would be ANY audience. But I was so surprised that we always had audience no matter what time it was. By audience, I mean lay people, not magician audience. I got the chance to try out things that I was nervous to try in front of a big crowd, I did tricks which I had never done because no trick could be repeated within 8 hours and I was quite new to magic at that time.

And there was one night while everyone was kind of tired and almost run out of trick, Pat Trick suddenly showed up and perform a segment. His card magic was stunning and everyone was amazed.

75 hours, I think no body will want to break this record except for Tim and a group of enthusiatic magicians. They are willing to do this again I am sure.
MatBlack
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MatBlack
Willing to do it again...hmmmm...that's a long bow to draw...

I came in when I could - usually at 5 in the morning for an hour before work, and then the same time in the afternoon on the way home.

Juggling a full time job, the WLMS, 2 year old twins and the general life of a family man was kind of challenging, but I tried to chip in in the darkest hours before the dawn - everyone else managed to get a short breather that way.

If you read the report I wrote on the link above you'll get an idea just how gruelling the whole thing was for the 'core' team. To this day I still live in Awe of Jade's ability to even think on literally a couple of hours sleep over 3 days - let alone keep track of every trick done by everybody over 75 hours and ensure no breaks in the flow occured at all. The guy is a MACHINE!

Tim, tell everyone about the card trick that took 3 magicians and a week-old hot dog to accomplish! Or even shed some light on what it was (other than sleep deprivation) that led to the 'half a roll' incident - I still don't understand that one...

oh - and the aerotechnic - tell them about the aerotechnic! (The result of which, I think, single-handedly led to my frequent employment as a stagemanager for Tim and Sue-Anne)

M@
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » World's Longest Magic Show » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL