The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » I need a good street gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
maxss1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of maxss1
Hi, I'm Max. Well, I need a street magic gimmick and
I don't have enough money. So could you introduce me some great
gimmicks about $9~10? I would not like cards and coins.
I have plenty of them.

I need some that looks unsuspicious, like the Morelli Ring and Pens.

What do you guys prefer? There are some gimmicks about $10 like Haunted Key, Bendable Pen, pen etc.

Please help.

Thanks Max
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
I would go for a tt. You can do a lot of things with it. PM me if you have any questions. Also, something that is a little more expensive is Sinful. The great part is that you borrow everything completly impromtu.
gollymrscience
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of gollymrscience
I agree with the TT for sure but I'm confused.
Are you currently doing magic and are looking for something new or are you new to magic and want to know some good tricks to buy?
Back when I was young and the dinosaurs roamed the earth most of our "gimmics" were made for very little money.
If you want some street magic effects that are not expensive take a look in the classics like Tarbells books.
There is enough magic in there to make a living forever. As long as you don't have to have the latest effect just because it is the latest thing to show up on a dealer's website then stuff that was used many years ago and can be built for a few bucks or less can still wow a crowd.
Are you after self working tricks or harder stuff?
Do you want packet tricks or more complex routines?
Have you decided on your theme and persona or do you want to figure that out after you have learned some effects?
Anyway I'm ending uo with more questions than answers for you until I get more details.
Etienne M.
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
75 Posts

Profile of Etienne M.
The one I like, has got to do with cards.
I like Pyro perception. Costs a little more but the reactions are great.

Floyd
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-- Albert Einstein
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Great opening line! Sounds like your a penguin lover. Hi, Im Max. Well... People who shop with penguin would know.
maxss1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of maxss1
I don't like Penguin. NEVER!!!

Well, I'm not a beginner. I'm good at cards and coins. Also have gimmicks.
So, I want some good gimmicks that could blow the audience. Since I've always worked on cards and coins, I want something impromptu.

I looked at Sticky Situation and that looks good. Some thing like that, or the Ring Flight, and those stuffs.

Is Sticky Situation durable? Can you use it forever?
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Quote:

Is sticky situation durable? can you use it forever?

Yes. Sticky Situation is an excellent warm up effect. The gimmick is quite durable, and with a minimum of care will last forever.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Buy a book. You'll find lots of value in many books.

- entity
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
How about genuine sleight of hand. It is free.
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
202 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
Nothing works better on the street than a great big rope trick. Learn the Professors Nightmare moves, buy some rope at the Home Depot, get a pair of scissors, and knock yourself out.

Do you know what a Tip is and what a Hat is? If not you should not be on the street, but to learn, get Don Driver's DVD's so you can build and handle a crowd and make a little money while you are out there.

You sound like way too much of a rookie to work the streets - there is nothing impromptu about it - and close-up is not a safe street venue to work solo. If you don't know your stuff and if you don't have some chops before you get out there, it will not be a pleasant experience for you. Unless you know how to draw and handle a crowd you will make more money and have more fun doing Birthday Parties. They are safer and you will actually get paid.

Remember, Magic is the Poor Man's way to becoming an Entertainer. (Steve Martin) Oh, and you can actually get punched out by attempting to attract a total stranger on the street and force a magic trick on them - especially an impromptu one.

Best Wishes,
Dave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Hotrod
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
The Perfect 3 Shell Game
The Stealth Pen (aka Pen Thru Dollar)
Vanishing Handkerchief (tt)
D'Lite
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
With just a TT I can guarantee that you can perform NON STOP for over 3 hours!!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
TT all the way. Possibilities are endless and it's definetly cheap!

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
hypnotize
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of hypnotize
You can make wonders using a Swami gimmick. You can buy one, or even make your own. (check out Lee Earle's "Swami gimmick teach-in" for more info on this miracle gimmick)

Invisible deck.
TT.
Invisible thread/ Elastic loops. Pk magic is mindblowing.

All of these effects cost up to 10$ each. (not sure about the video though)
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Learn Edward Victor's Magnetized Cards. No gimmick, but people find it amazing.

Do Al Baker's Erectile Bill. A mind blower if ever there was one.

Glorpy.

Grab a copy of Ganson's Close Up Magic (2 volume set) and look at Dual Control. Make one up and do that. Jay Marshall made quite a reputation for himself with it. Magic Inc also has a manuscript on it BY Jay, called "The Loop" for about $10 that comes with the gimmick.

Those should help a lot.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

I think the question here is: are you entertaining? If the answer is yes, hit the streets with the cards and coins. You don't need anything else. Routine your cards and coins into a show and go from there.

If the answer to the above question is no, then the most expensive gimmicks on the planet will not make you entertaining.

It took me a few years and lots of money before I started to listen to like advise and I sold or gave away most of my gimmicks.

Give me a tt and a couple of "handkerchiefs," some rope, a pair of scissors and a ring, cups and balls and a table, and I'll entertain anyone anywhere.

It's not the stuff, it's you. Don't spend a dime.

Just my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV

Joe in KC
Jerseymagician
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Jerseymagician
A simple thumb tip is in your price range and can do many things.
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
I agree with most of what's been said here. A "tt" rocks the world of a layperson. Incorporate a "tt" with a few silks, professor's nightmare, cut & restored rope... and you can get a lot of magic out of 4 little sponge balls. All very cheaps and you can entertain all day!!! Take my word for it, I've done magic for 19 years and SIMPLE IS BEST! Use very simple object and you'll blow the minds of anybody watching!!! On my website I've sell some complicated stage magic and large escapes - these are ALWAYS REALLY GREAT, but you don't NEED them to be truly great yourself. I think a lot of time we forget that "things" don't create the magic - WE DO!
Vengeance
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
11 Posts

Profile of Vengeance
Hyrum, the best cheap gimmick ever, it'll get people staring at you =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » I need a good street gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL