The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ipod owners...Some help please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
I need to manualy update my Ipod without it automaticaly doing it for me. I have too many songs in my itunes to fit on my ipod and I know there is a way to just drag the songs you want on to it, as opposed to letting it do it for you. If anyone can help me out please send me a PM. Thanks
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
You're going to need a bigger iPod. no offense, but it's common sense. (and that was also a rhyme I'm proud of myself for randomly makin). I have like 4.6 gigs of music on iTunes, but my iPod is only 4 gigs. I just can't put everything on it, unless I buy a bigger one. I don't know if I answered your question, so if I didn't, please paraphrase your question, and ill try to answer.

my problem with my ipod is the stupid battery barely charges anymore. I don't even know that you can buy batteries for it. I have an iPod mini, which they don't sell anymore. I think they program the iPods to screw up AFTER the warranty is done. once it had been a year (when the warranty ends) that's when it decided, "haha, I'm not gonna charge for this kid!"
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Thanks for the response. I don't need a bigger Ipod. You can select what specificaly goes onto your Ipod. You don't have to let it automaticaly update when you plug it in. There is a way to just drag the songs you want onto it. That way you don't need a bigger Ipod and you don't need to delete songs from your itunes.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2155 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
In your iTunes Menu on the left (Library, Playlists, etc) right-click on your iPod when it's connected. Choose edit options or edit preferences, I can't remember which.

Click through the menus in there. You can choose to automatically update your iPod, update only certain playlists, update only checked songs, or update fully manually.

It sounds like you'll want to choose the checked songs only, or fully manual mode.

If you pick the checked songs only, go through your library and uncheck all the songs you don't want to go to your iPod. If you choose manual mode, it doesn't matter what's checked or unchecked, just drag tracks from your library over to the iPod in the list on the left.

Hope this was clear and helpful. If not, feel free to PM me or post in here with more questions.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
You want to set up your Ipod as a disk. THen you will be able to drag and drop the songs you want on it. Also first you may want to try unchecking the update when Ipod is connected in ITunes. I just upgraded from the 1 gig shuffle to a 60 gig Ipod with video. So I don't have to much music or videos yet.
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys! I got it working perfectly.

Corey, I'm jealous of your 60gig. Some day soon I might have to get one.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
The only reason I went ahead and got the 60gig ipod is, that I just bought my first mac a couple weeks ago, and decided that I might as well spend around an even 2 grand . I love my new ipod though, I need to go through and take every thing out though. I pluged it in, and it did the automatic update, well when I had to manually label some songs, it updated those as well, So I have multiples of the same songs now. Oh well.
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
[quote]On 2006-03-12 09:14, magicman226 wrote:
You're going to need a bigger iPod. no offense, but it's common sense. (and that was also a rhyme I'm proud of myself for randomly makin). I have like 4.6 gigs of music on iTunes, but my iPod is only 4 gigs. I just can't put everything on it, unless I buy a bigger one. I don't know if I answered your question, so if I didn't, please paraphrase your question, and ill try to answer.

my problem with my ipod is the stupid battery barely charges anymore. I don't even know that you can buy batteries for it. I have an iPod mini, which they don't sell anymore. I think they program the iPods to screw up AFTER the warranty is done. once it had been a year (when the warranty ends) that's when it decided, "haha, I'm not gonna charge for this kid!"
[/quote

Honestly, stop acting the victim. All you have to do is a simple google search!

http://www.google.com/search?client=safa......oe=UTF-8

Took 3 seconds.

No, of course you will not need a bigger iPod, I have provided a link below from Apples website, if you have any questions at all on your iPod feel free to ask.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutori......_t3.html

(Click "Play Movie," or "Learn More," under the picture of the iPod and Computer.)
Tarbell!
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
If you have a compUSA around you, go visit the. They sell the replacement Lithium batteries for the ipod and will install it for you. I think even apple will replace the batter for a small fee.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
>If you have a compUSA around you, go visit the. They sell the replacement Lithium batteries for the ipod and will install it for you.

And invalidate the warentee/guarantee.
This is one of my main gripes with apple. They are sooo good that they even change the battery for you Smile
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ipod owners...Some help please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL