The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Truly terrifying.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
steve_sargent
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of steve_sargent
"Easy to do and completely angle proof"
rasper
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of rasper
Huh??? Care to explain.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Rasper,

When the technology is there, it WILL be used.

Thanks Steve.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
The site does say, "consenting mobile phone users...".
steve_sargent
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of steve_sargent
Getting concent is maybe where your skill will come in to play. Nothings for free...except free stuff.
"Easy to do and completely angle proof"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
It's da future! In the not too distant future, the gov's will require ALL mobile phones to be able to be GPS'd...in the name of combating terrorism, of course.

Sci-fi extrapolation is not so Sci-Fi anymore...it's more a wait-and-see thing.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
I wonder if Phillip K. Dick will get his own religion like L. Ron Hubbard? He seemed a little more spot on (as the english say) with his vision of the future.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
Mobile phone tracking already exists. Nuff said.
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
A trip into a local barns and noble will yeild a book that shows commerically available equipment for ANYONE to track any kind of mobile phone. that's the scarey part. BTW for <$1000.
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Cops are using this to catch the crooks and also as evidence in prosecuting the bad guys. What do we have to fear.....LOL....?????
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
Where does protection begin and freedom end?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 20:02, Slim King wrote:
Cops are using this to catch the crooks and also as evidence in prosecuting the bad guys. What do we have to fear.....LOL....?????

Somehow Slim, I don't get the impression that you've led as blameless a life as say . . . ME! (so don't even try to pin it on me)

Jack Shalom
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Well my phone officer was at home, although I was at the bank!...lol
-Tony Iacoviello
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 20:02, Slim King wrote:

Exactly, why is everyone so worried about this? I mean, it's not like a U.S. president would authorize breaking into a psychiatrist's office to dig up dirt on a critic...or try to smear a critic by outing his covert spy wife...NEVER!!!!

Luckily governments around the globe are known for always doing the right thing and never misbehaving.

(Slim, your LOL is duly noted!)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Have you ever wondered about The Emergency Broadcast System? You know, the one they test in the middle of the night. When I was young I thought that this was to give us information durring an emergency. Now I realize that the US Government can turn off all or most of our TV and Radio Stations whenever they want. Think about that!
So, of course, they need to controll the telephones in some way too!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
Now I realize that the US Government can turn off all or most of our TV and Radio Stations whenever they want.

How do they do that?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Instead of issuing emergency information, they can just interrupt normal programing and do whatever they wish....They CONTROL the airwaves. Most people do not see the flip side of this situation.
Just like the way that they name things....The Patriot Act...Yea right. You are not Partriotic if you don't let them monitor your phone calls.
Desert Shield....remember.......until the shield turned into a SWORD.
Military Inteligence(sp)...LOL...Just had to throw that in. (Those pesky WMD's)
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the folks at the radio station were in charge of broadcasting the emergencies. If an emergency comes over the wire, then the station personnel will play the emergency tone followed by instructions. You're saying the government can interupt any radio station in the country from another location (outside of the station) and broadcast whatever they like?

Or is this another one of those remote viewing gags?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I always felt that if it was an actual emergency what you would actually hear would be a LOT of screaming and running arround and panic!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

The military own all the frequecies that are used by cell providers and radio stations etc. They lease these freq to the broadcast stations , cell companies etc. its really to do with power, its very easy to increase the power of a broadcast to overwrite a current one, not that they would do that. I know from a spectrum point of view, they do control the airwaves, commerical interest is their to generate revenue by means of the liecence etc, also its means an entire infructure has been built and could and would be used in the case of an emergency.

The reality is that if the goverment doesn't have the abilty to control the airwaves they have not done there job very well. Not that I like them having the power
-Tony Iacoviello
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Truly terrifying.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL