The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Good place to buy a puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
I'm working on a kids show act and I want to use a monkey puppet through out the show, kind of like Don Alan's Stanley. Can anyone recommend a shop that has decent hand puppets that won't bust my wallet? I don't want to manipulate the mouth, just the head and arms (to grab cards and such). Thanks! Jim
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have a Folkmanis monkey like Bill Abbott's. He's great. Really cute and only about $20.

http://www.folkmanis.com/l-q.htm#M
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Budihaha
View Profile
Veteran user
Bandung - Indonesia
327 Posts

Profile of Budihaha
Steve Axtell (www.axtell.com) sell 32" Vinyl Gorilla Puppet very cheap until the stock last. This low price not listed in his website.
But you should hurry, because it is almost a month now and this information released for limited groups. Anyway you can try to email Amanda at order@axtell.com

I buy it and have received it. It is very realistic and nice puppet! You can play with his/her face too, and make silly expressions!

Regards,

Budi Ha Ha
Proud Axtell customer.
Budi H. Hadiwarsito
Bandung - Indonesia
www.budihaha.com
wildwolf
View Profile
New user
stoney creek, ontario
54 Posts

Profile of wildwolf
The Folkmanis monkey is good, I use it in an act just like bill abbott, it kills at all levels.
brooklyn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of brooklyn
Folkmanis and Axtell are terrific puppets, Atxtel, being more for the professional. If you have large hands or wrists, be sure you can return a puppet if it is too tight for your hands/arm. Steve Axtell is great about this and will also customize a hand/arm opening for you.

If you are working regularl with any puppet and the opening for your hand or wrist is not full enough, the actualy performances can become very painful.

If you are happy, the puppet will be happy, and so, wil your audience...
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks so much guys. Yes we do make a bunch of great apes / Monkeys. http://www.axtell.com/jungle.html

If you want to see a really cool ventriloquist using a monkey puppet check this out....Jay Johnson on the David Letterman Show last night..... we didn't make this monkey but he uses many of our puppets in his Broadway show....It's Ventriloquist week on the Late Show with Letterman....click on Jay Johsnon and Darwin

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/da......ts.shtml
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Good place to buy a puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL