The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » OOTW - options, variations, short cuts, (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
I do the complete impromptu out of this world from a shuffled deck. Not sure where I learned it, possibly from an old self-working card video or something.

It's nice because the spectator shuffles the deck, and then you go right into it with no sleights at all.

I think the other version are good like the Ammar, Wagner, original curry, and others are good but they are not mostly impromptu, and have other aspects to them like predictions. Those versions are more formal formal close-up or at a seated situation where the audience has more time.

Becuase this is the magiccafe if you want the REALLY simple method PM me.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2006-03-14 17:19, Mago Gregorio wrote:
The best version I know is to be found in M Ammar ETMCM vol 7 I guess. A mix between P Curry, A Colombini and M Ammar version> It-s improntu, spetator shuffle the deck and it comes with a prediction.

I've read about this version, and I've actually heard that it's mostly based on the Harry Lorayne impromptu handling. And it's in the 9th video, correct? I stopped buying the Ammar series around four or five, as the quality dropped off pretty steeply, and I don't want to buy an entire DVD just for one effect. But I'm curious about this version. Can you tell me what the effect is? And specifically, is the prediction actually integrated into the OOTW plot, or is it just an added, unrelated effect that is just tagged onto the routine as a kicker?
Ninian
View Profile
New user
London, England
26 Posts

Profile of Ninian
GALAXY! GALAXY! GALAXY!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2006-03-15 12:15, Ninian wrote:
GALAXY! GALAXY! GALAXY!

hoorah!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 12:36, magic h2os wrote:
Second that. You can do it impromptu with a angle separation (Lennart Green)

Sean

You can do it right under their noses WITHOUT angle separation as well.
I learned this from the Lennart Green DVD as well.
I'm still not even sure why it works like it does but that should tell you something:
Either I'm dumb
or
Spectators will never see it happening right before their eyes.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
I have an impromptu OOTW version that's killer! you borrow a deck of cards, the cards are shuffled by the spectator. the spec. takes the deck and seperates the cards like in the original version, but there is no exchange in the middle of the dealing (black/red) than (red/black). just 2 piles, one red, one black. when the spect. deals the last card, you tell him to remove one card from the pile, and put it aside. now you deal the cards face up to show that the spect. seperates all red and all black cards. and as a kicker ending, the spect. turns around the one card he picked from the pile ( let`s say from the black pile), and it`s the only red card!
kiki
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
Quote:

I'm still not even sure why it works like it does but that should tell you something:
Either I'm dumb
or

hey frank what patter do you use for the 1,2 seperation by lennart... I'm trying to find somthing just right to justify me looking through the deck 2 - 3 times...
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
JPL
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JPL
There is also the trick 'Out of Gilbreath's World' in 'Card concepts' in the chapter on the Gilbreath principle which allows the spectator to shuffle the deck before proceding to sort the whole deck into reds and blacks.

Paul
Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
787 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
Paul Harris' Galaxy, without a doubt.
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Quote:
On 2006-03-17 14:37, JPL wrote:

There is also the trick 'Out of Gilbreath's World' in 'Card concepts' in the chapter on the Gilbreath principle which allows the spectator to shuffle the deck before proceding to sort the whole deck into reds and blacks.

Paul

Paul,

This one uses pairs, red-red; blk-blk; red-blk. For me its more complicated, difficult to follow and adds nothing to OOTW. That's just my opinion.

Dick
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Yea! No one else uses Derren Brown's version!
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
JPL
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JPL
Hi Dick,

I agree. For me I love the idea of the spectator shuffling the deck and still managing to separate into red/black but I'm not sure it actually adds much to OOTW. It's an interesting variant but I've never had much of a difference in reaction between the two methods.

JPL
trick_icr
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of trick_icr
Galaxy is great.
there is another however.
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2006, weapon wrote:
Quote:

Either I'm dumb
or

hey frank what patter do you use for the 1,2 seperation by lennart... I'm trying to find somthing just right to justify me looking through the deck 2 - 3 times...

I'd also like to get some ideas about the patter for the times while I'm going through the deck multiple times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » OOTW - options, variations, short cuts, (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL