The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Big Bag O bunny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Mike Bent has done again. Another great effect for us family entertainers.

I just got mine and did it all weekend. Basically you show a small bag. You say look a rabbit and pull out of the bag little rabbit ears and put on the kid and then you look again and pull out a pink nose place it on the kid. You basically wisk the bag open and a HUGE 36 inch silk appears of the body of a very funny looking bunny. the kid holds it or you can with their head right on top of the silk making them look like they are the rabbit. PERFECT for the PICTURE moments that parents like to take. check out yourself http://www.mikebentmagic.com

I love it!
Ken
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I ordered mine last week. Can't wait to get my hand on it! :o)
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I saw Mike do this a couple of weeks ago in a comedy club believe it or not (It was kiddie night Smile )and it is just about the coolest thing ever. The quality of the thing is just outstanding. Almost too nice if that is possible. Just a great item.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thank you, Ken. This looks very good! Can anyone tell me about doing this outside - I've had bag blendos in the past where the lighting needed to be in front, or else the audience could see through the blendo and get a glimpse of the secret.

Also, can the blendo be shown on both sides at the end?

Thanks for any help - this looks like a BIG winner.

Ron
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing.

I have the same concerns as Ron though.
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
Thanks guys! Big Bag O' Bunny is printed on satin, backed by black satin. You can't see through it. It's a real worker prop, heavy duty, but opens like a charm.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Yea, it would be very hard to see through this. Fabric is very smooth makes it open very fast. SUre if the wind was blowing it might blow a bit but to me it feels heavier than any blendo I have used in the past.

There are colored buttons on the top to pull out the correct ends everytime.

Ken

PS I have found the rabbit ears very cheap and now I let them keep the ears as a gift.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Now's the perfect time (Easter is just around the corner) to hit the dollar stores, Target, Wal-mart, etc. for rabbit ears. I've seen them (in varying quality) ranging from $1 to $5. I picked up several pairs.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
This looks like yet another winning item from Mike Bent and the fine people at Wonder Imagery. I can't see any professional kids show performer not liking this effect...truly the perfect photo op!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
On my wish list. Like Ron, I was wondering too what the backside looks like.

When is this gonna be available to be shipped?

Regan
Mister Mystery
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
The next batch will be in by the end of March. The back of the prop is heavy duty black satin, you can't see through it.
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
I added a photo to the website that shows the folded bag:
http://www.mikebentmagic.com/bigbagobunny!.html
johnnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of johnnymagic
$150 seems a little steep to me but for someone who doesn't have a real bunny and doesn't want one it may be worth it.

JM
Out of all the magicians I know, you're one of 'em...

www.johnnymagicmemphis.com
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
I'm working on an addition that will allow you to produce a rabbit from the cloth at the end of the trick.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
JM

You pay good money for good quality. And I cannot see how this blendo could have been made any better.

Ken
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I love it! It would be just as funny (but less cute) to perform it on yourself if you wanted. That way, a shy child isn't humilated.

I'm gettin' one!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2006-03-15 16:41, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
I love it! It would be just as funny (but less cute) to perform it on yourself if you wanted. That way, a shy child isn't humilated.

I'm gettin' one!

I don't understand why a child would be humiliated?! You're turning them into a bunny...not an offensive or frightening animal!
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Kid's get embarrased, freaked out and humiliate by all sorts of things. I made a kid cry by telling they were the best at saying the the magic words. They didn't like being pointed out!?!?!

When I've done dress up routines I have maybe 10% of kids who don't want to wear the costume.

Its not a problem with this routine in particular but with some kids. If a child DOES not want to wear the ears and nose you CAN do it on yourself.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Let me add to my 'cafe child show tips' list...., this week I have:
No peanut butter or images of peanut butter...
No fire...
No damaging neckerchiefs....
Parents in room unless they don't want to cuz that is okay since they are the customer and we should do whatever they want....
and lastly, don't get kids involved as they may have shyness issues and it could trigger feelings of humiliation....
got it! Thanks!
Steve V
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Steve V:

You forgot about doing cigarette through quarter for the kids!

Your going to be higher up on the hit list than I am if you keep this up! Smile
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Big Bag O bunny (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL