We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Is this any good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Meir Yedid’s Finger Fantasies, is this dvd good? can anyone do this effect?
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
452 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I didn't think it was very good. It is very angle sensitive.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I've seen a lady do it and it looked good.
You have to have some really flexible fingers to do this.
Not for everyone.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
I agree with jaz but if you got flexible fingers and you practice is great timing is very important also watch your angles.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
How are the angles?
Steve V
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
The angles are bad.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1353 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
You need a lot of practice to accomplish this one.
I played with it for a while ,got pretty good at it but never had the nerve to perform it for an actual audience.

good luck !

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
jonzola
View Profile
New user
canada
42 Posts

Profile of jonzola
I will do only the pinky. it looks quite good.
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
I find the ring finger is the easiest and most impressive, it looks great when taken a photo of!

Daz
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
IS this done with or without gimmicks? becuase someone told me it uses a fishing line.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
No Gimmicks. In the original FF book Meir had an effect where you cut off your pinkie with a knife and it falls on the table. Anyone who thinks this is is NOT powerful should try that effect- of course not for everyone.

I do not know if this was taught on the video though.

I think FF was a pioneering work when it was new, in that it was truly prop free. YES, it has tricky angles- But Meir was able to make it a miracle, so it has merrit. Just not so much for street situations unless you can back up against a wall and controll your audience well. ALso not for those who want to buy something and turn around and do it fast. Like SO many other published routines, though, it wont fit most people's shows or personalities. I think it is worth owning for educational purposes, and for incorporation into other things no matter what.

Pinky has the BEST angles unless you are very tall... then both the pinky and first finger are pretty easy to pull off.

Meir released the twisting arm illusion years ago, and is VERY worth learning as well.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
illuzns
View Profile
Regular user
My Room in Va.
104 Posts

Profile of illuzns
I like using this effect. No gaffs and is completely impromptu. I have learned to do it with all of my fingers and have added a small kicker at the end. If you start out practicing in front of a mirror and work on the angles, it's actually a really neat effect.Especially when you get those certain people who ask you if you've ever seen the thumb thing.Then you ask them if they ever saw the finger thing and proceed to remove each finger one by one. It can be a killer effect given the right circumstances. But that is just my opinion.
Illuzns
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
If you can handle Tenkai, FF is no problem. Its not that angly at all. Just have to know where to hit. I'ev personally used it many times in public, say upto 7 people and it played fine.
But omg did you see the size of audience that MY had? He must have flashed SOME people..
BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
I perform the pink all the time. I love to do it after someone has tried to show off by doing the old remove the thumb gag. I don't have the Finger Fantasies Video though, its just not my style.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Oh btw, you do NOT need flexible fingers or at least that flexible fingers.
It's the angles. FF is like....palming a card. Having a big hand (having flexible fingers) help but its not essential.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Joker 55:

I have had it for a long times, and knowing your style of magic interest, I am not sure you will really enjoy it. I vanish my pinky for my 2.5 year old--it works great. In the right setting (meaning it is a bit dark, subdued enviroment, with libations having been served and already people prepped to see something crazy because they have seen a series of crazy things), it will slip past them and freak the out a bit.

But, if I were in your shoes, I would wait and ONLY pick it up used. The angles are an issue (overcome by practice in a mirror). For me, only the pinky vanish has slipped past the audience.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
Jeremy, I know what you mean, but even in your evaluation, it's quite evident that it's not a practical effect. You have to be in the most ideal settings to get it to slip by -- and even at that, it's nothing more than a mere joke or side trick. I don't think it's very effective for the price.

-Dengez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Is this any good? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL