The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Found a "Jam Auction" movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2423 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Just clicked on the tube to drown out the morning babble, and there was a jam auction going on right in front of me - I figured it would be just an isolated moment in an unrelated film, but - no! - it went on and on, and then there were more scenes like it, and I thought I'd better alert you in case it comes back.

"I Sell Anything" (1934) on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) - Pat O'Brien is the 'good bad guy': "Spot Cash Cutler runs a fake auction racket. Luring unsuspecting customers inside the store with a phony good deal, he then sells them as much as he can, running the prices up through the use of shills."

My tv-guide gave it just one star, but it had me smiling and my son laughing a lot.

No further screenings are scheduled as of now, but you can go to http://tcmdb.com/title/title.jsp?scarlettTitleId=2354 and click to have them email you in advance of the next time it's on.
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
And no-one seems to be selling it, either. No joy on Amazon.com or even after ten pages of Google. Sigh. Something else to add to the 'eBay' search feature.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Found a "Jam Auction" movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL