The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color monte question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

katty
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of katty
Color Monte use multiple P*** Off for the first card, why not use a double lift ? Thanks
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
It's easier to use a multiple push off or a buckle. DL is easier with an entire deck. (Although by definition, you are using a double lift...)
peter teagle
View Profile
Regular user
Redditch, UK
195 Posts

Profile of peter teagle
I do a pinkie pull-down then a DL, works great!

peter
"technique is science.
the application of technique is art."

peter teagle
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
If you can DL then do it...there is no written rule that can't be altered to suit your own need.
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
There are several ways to by-pass the use of a mutliple push off or DL in this effect. The move I use (the name escapes me at the moment) is actually more deceptive than either of the moves suggested.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
I didn't recalled the name for the "move" I refered to but what it is like to give you a better idea of what it is. It is similar to Paul Curry's "A Swindle of Sorts" but instead of just switching, you use one card to turn the other over after the "move" is done. It is VERY deceptive and ironicly, when it is done slowly, it is more deceptive, and since it is only done at the beginning of the trick no one suspects anything because you are just showing the cards to start so there is no heat on to watch for a "move".

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
magicforu
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of magicforu
I also use DL , because multiple push off sometime have align problem.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Geez, the easier thing in the world to do is a double push off with only three cards. Buckle, get a break and DL is you want but that is just making it harder if you ask me.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Stormer
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Stormer
Instead of starting a whole new thread about the colour monte I thought I'd just ask in here so I hope nobody minds. Being fairly new to magic I picked up a few tricks that would be suitable for my level of experience. One of those tricks I did buy was the clour monte.

The guy in the shop said that while I'm only a beginner, with practice I'd be able to get the trick down and be able to perform it no worries. My problem is that while the instructions might be easy to understand to a seasoned magician or card worker, to me it may as well be written in Italian because I can't understand a word of it.

What I wanted to ask, is there any resources where I can learn how to get the moves down like the multiple push off and whatever else I need to do this trick? I don't want the secret as I have it sitting right in front of me on the instructions but I just can't understand it lol.

Anyway I probably made myself out to be a complete idiot but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well the effect is really just a couple moves over and over. All you really need to remember is how many dollars you are on.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Stormer go back to the shop and have him show you.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color monte question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL