The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What are your thoughts on the coin ladder ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, I have seen Wolf's version but it's not what I want. Thanks!
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
Hi James,
I can custom make you a coin ladder that will use dollar size coins. PM me or e-mail me for details. I would love to make one for you.

Cliff Wiggs
PROline magic
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Cliff. I will get in touch with you very shortly.
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
Hi James,

The dollar size is now an option at no additional cost. I also make an optional attachment to deliver coins to your hands for a waterfall finale'. That attachment sells for an additional $100.

Cliff Wiggs
PROline magic
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Cliff for that info. As soon as I finalise the construction of my routine with the coin ladder (on paper), I will discuss with you on the specs I want. I am currently working on a few variation and see which one comes out best. Thanks again and we shall discuss shortly.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I remember (why do so many of my sentences start that way?) seeing a coin ladder made up as a Chinese tiered pagoda, used by a young Asian magician named Declan Wong. He ended up working as an actor cameraman in the Hong Kong Cinema. It's a clever idea. This would be around 1980 or 1981
visit me @ JNealShow.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
That is a very interesting and unique approach. Thanks for the info, JNeal.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I'm thinking of http://www.wack-o-magic.com breaking it's reputation of having the best in children's and school magic.. and I'm wondering if I should build a new coin ladder.... one that PLAYS MUSIC!

I can legally make it play something like "We're in the Money"... or 5-8 notes or your liking.. .. of couse as you produce more and more coins.. it will be more of a cacophony.. but that first "joke" will be both charming and unique!!

I'm surprised that no one has thought of this.

Like every good business owner.. I wonder what you want in a good coin ladder.. something that takes dollars.. is waist high.. and looks great.. anything else?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
[quote]On 2006-07-26 20:06, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:

Frank Garcia worked with dollar sized coins.
Earl Ray Wilcox works with dollar size coins.

Most guys who work stage prefer a larger coin so they can be seen, but they are limited by what is available. Wilcox used Eisenhower dollars.

I remember that about Earl. He always had Ikes on his practice table. Both him and Frank were friends - he arranged to get Frank to lecture for the club, many years ago.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The current dollar size coin on the market is the Nielsen Palming Coin, that would be the best to make the gimmick work with. If you could put a spacer in for the regular dollar size coins that would give the gimmick a unique feature.

There have been a number of designs for coin ladders on the market over the years. It should be 32" high, and about 12" wide. It should use brass plates on strings so the metal is able to ring and clank. There should be a metal container on the bottom to catch the coins, and not have any pop out on the floor. They should have at least 8 to 12 steps/shelves for the coins to hit.

There are many ideas, if you can make an electronic dropper ala Norm Neilsen idea, to have a coin drop, that would be plus, his coin drops like it was stuck and had not fallen. It all depends on the performer, if the finale cascade should be mechanical or the magician stealing a load.

It all depends on what you are able to do and how easy you want to make this equipment.

Personally I would be happy with just a ladder, as I like the steals and manipulations. But if you want to make it for anyone that buys the ladder, a fully mechanical version would be an "easy to do" product.

There is a version I think offered from Italy that is fully mechancial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V41yDRqNEEo

Here is Fab Magic's offering, I do not care for this design of the coins rolling down a step.
http://www.fabmagic.com/coinladder2.html

Here is Owen Magic's Coin Ladder:
http://www.owenmagic.com/Money/Coin_Ladder/coin_ladder.html
rhpeltz
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of rhpeltz
I would like a coin ladder. I am unable to reach Diamond Magic. http://www.diamondmagic.it This is the type I want. Whare can I find used floor model coin ladders?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magic is not like selling cars or automobiles, there are no floor models. You pay the full price for the displayed models.

You may be able to find one used, but I have not seen any listed, the buyers seem to hang onto them.

Just keep trying all the methods listed on their website.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
For those who haven't seen Norn Nielsen's act, the ladder was "tuned" so the sound of the coins dropping was especially pleasant.

I've never used a ladder. I started with a $10 tin can in 1946 and progressed through various receptacles (maple sirup sap collecting bucket, various kid sand pails, ice buckets, (first one from Jack Chanin in 1953) Charlie Miller Bell Bucket, (both the steel and the aluminum models) and currently a stainless steel restaurant "bucket". ($.89 at a thrift store)

I started with GREEN RIVER WHISKEY 'COINS', then half dollars, and for the last 40+ years, silver dollars.

I love to watch Norm use the ladder, but the ladder doesn't fit my presentation. If a ladder fits YOUR presentation, read back through the thread above.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 16:32, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Magic is not like selling cars or automobiles, there are no floor models. You pay the full price for the displayed models.

You may be able to find one used, but I have not seen any listed, the buyers seem to hang onto them.

Are you sure he wasn't referring to a version that SITS on the floor?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-09-02 20:22, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 16:32, Bill Hegbli wrote:

Are you sure he wasn't referring to a version that SITS on the floor?

Oh Michael! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What are your thoughts on the coin ladder ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL