We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Competition and escapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
A thought, if you were to take part in a competition where your act can be no longer than four minutes. What would you do, and how would you do it?

I just registered for a national competition here in Sweden and plan to do a juggling/linking ring routine. But I am still thinking about escapes.

Any bright ideas?

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
If you have an assistant you could have them apply the restraints, you could then move through the crowd for them to pull on them/test them etc.

Then you could escape.

This would keep the amount of time used before the escape down to a minimum.

Or possibly some kind of comedy escape. Like thumbcuffs or a thumb tie type thing.

Anything where the restraints can be applied quickly. So things like the sj or 100' rope could possibly not be the right stuff.

What stuff do you escape from normally?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think you have two choices.

One. Ignore the four minutes, and just do what you want to do.

Two. Be in the restraints at the beginning, and use the whole four minutes to escape.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Thanks for the replys.

I usually escape from SJ and chains. Sometimes cuffs. I was thinking about the SJ, but I realice that it takes more than four minutes to strap and escape, at least if you're going to do it in an entertaining way. Perhaps I could go on stage with the SJ on, but that removes a lot of the fun parts.

Maybe I'll go for the first advice, ignore the four minutes...

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
AmazingMax
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of AmazingMax
What about an handcuffs escape in a dangerous way ?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
What about walk out with the sj already on... and then tighten it up in front of the aud...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Competition and escapes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL