The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Trying to ID an Autograph (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1921 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I have a fairly large collection of magicians autographs. Most of them I obtained myself, however a few were given to me by a friend who passed away and who also put on many lectures etc..One of the autographs I received from him is illegible, however whoever signed also drew a caricature next to his signature. What I am asking, is there anyone on the Café who is knowledgeable on autographs and I could send a picture to find out who it belongs to?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
I'd take a look. No promises, but the picture drawn might help. I'll PM you my email.
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
This is the autograph he is trying to ID. It is on the same Magic Castle napkin as a signiture by Ali Bongo. Jay Marshall would have been able to give you an answer in a heartbeat. Perhaps with it where people can see it someone will recognize it, I am afraid I do not. The best I can make out is Zarmas Vpepki but that ring any bells.

Click here to view attached image.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
The first name sorta looks like "Patrick"... Harpo Marx's name in Russian was Xapno Mapcase, which he was very proud of, so there might be something to the Zarmas Vpepki. Who is named Patrick and has curly hair?
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1921 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-03-18 17:40, mrmystic wrote:
This is the autograph he is trying to ID. It is on the same Magic Castle napkin as a signiture by Ali Bongo. Jay Marshall would have been able to give you an answer in a heartbeat. Perhaps with it where people can see it someone will recognize it, I am afraid I do not. The best I can make out is Zarmas Vpepki but that ring any bells.

Thanks for putting it on here, if I was not such a computer illiterate I might have been able to do it. Now I am just hoping someone recognizes who's signature it is..
Rennie
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
589 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Doesn't the last name look like "Barker" or perhaps "Parker"?
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
249 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
How about Patrick Martin?
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Hmmm - I like the "Patrick Martin" idea, too.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1921 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 14:51, isaacfawlkes wrote:
How about Patrick Martin?

isaacfawlkes,
I really think you are right, I checked another autograph I had of Patrick Martin and the first name is identical, the last name looks a little different. Only thing I did not see a caricature in the other signature. Do you know Patrick?
Rennie
ALLEN TIPTON
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of ALLEN TIPTON
I have collected autographs since about the age of 15. All in a book. In recent years with illegible signatures I always print the signer's name(small writing) at the bottom of the page.This saved many a puzzlement in latter years.
Allen Tipton UK
Allen Tipton began magic at 9.Joined Staffs. Magic Soc at 14. President 8 times Guild Of Magicians Nottingham UK IBM member.1980 reproduced Dante's Show & made Magician Of Month by IBM Intern.President.Currently writing Dear Magician series in Abra magazi
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Does Patrick Martin have a website, is this it?

http://www.patrickmartinmagic.com/

hes got curly hair
Tarbell!
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
I zoomed up oh the signature then compared the letters for the, "Hey! To your magical future" I didn't get much but I did get P_rm_y _aph
Tarbell!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Trying to ID an Autograph (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL