The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Access to Secret Sessions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I don't really know where to post this so here goes. First I'd like to say thanks to the entire Magic Café Team - this site is, hands-down, the best magic site on the net. I realize that for everyone "behind the scenes" this is a labor of love and each of you dedicate a great deal of time to the Café. Again, thanks.

I have one comment that I hope is not taken as me being a jerk. I was floating around in a few topics and I came accross a posting in the "Rumors" section about the 50th post. It seems that there is a tradition of posting your 50th message there - I think this is great and I can't wait. But while looking I saw a user that made his 50th post in less than a week! When I looked at his postings very few of them had any substance at all.

I love the Magic Café and can't wait to join the "quasi-elite." I just hope that it's not cheapend (is that a word) by those who got in the quick and easy way!
William Holcomb
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Hi William, Smile

No your post does not sound at all like you're being a jerk. Smile

I wanted to answer your post because I feel it is an important one, first of all, we realize that for most of our members, you take very seriously the fact that you have to make 50 posts. You work hard at it and try to contribute something meaningful, and it's irratating when someone else comes along and breaks the rules. Smile

We think so too. Smile That is why we have changed some of our features in the Café. For example, we no longer allow posts made in the Our new arrival section, I want to see the manager or Café tech help to count toward the 50 posts limit.

Also we constantly have someone from our staff reviewing members posts, both moderators and grammar hosts are watching to see who joined when, how many posts are made, in what length of time, this is not to say that if someone wants to make 50 posts in one day and they have content they cannot do so. (If someone wants to be at their computer all day, well.....) Smile but you can be assured that, that sets up a red flag for our staff and all those posts are checked.

That being said.... We also do realize there are 4482 members Smile with more joining everyday, Smile and that someone may slip through. Smile after all... there are only 18 of us. Smile So we are a little out numbered. However, it should also be noted that many of our loyal members Smile are also on the look-out for us and keep us very well informed. Smile

I hope this in some way answers your question and helps you feel a little more at ease. Smile

Thnks for your question and please, enjoy the Magic Café. Smile

Mya
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Glad to hear and thanks to everyone at the Magic Café for such a wonderful site! Cheers!
William Holcomb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Access to Secret Sessions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL