The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Magic of Four-wheelers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tysmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
171 Posts

Profile of Tysmagic
I just wanted to introduce everyone to the magic of four-wheelers and how to magicially make a simple oil change turn into a spectacularly amazing all day project.
I don't know how many of you guys out there actually do any kind of hands on work, I would assume that a lot of you do, and this tops the majority of my project backfires so I thought somebody would be interested in hearing it. Today, my Dad, a friend of mine, and I decided to change the oil in my two four-wheelers. This should be simple enough for those of you that have never tried it. Under estimating the possiblilty of problems is a common problem with people apparently.
On the smaller of the two ATVs, the 250, the rear right tire has to be removed to get to the oil filter cap. That's okay I guess because we needed to clean back there, it's like washing behind the ears; you have to do it every now and again. Now our problem is we can't get a new filter for it until wendesday. Anyway, we put the old filter back on, the filter cap, followed by the wheel and put in new oil. Forgot to mention that we did drain it after a heated debate on which screw lead to the oil pan. This seemed like a fairly simple task and since we were done it seemed only proper to start it up and make sure it was all fine and dandy, wrong. Almost immediately after starting it, the filter cap blew off and oil went everywhere. Now not only do we have to wait for the filter to come in, but a new filter cap too.
But wait, don't lose to much interest yet, I haven't even gotten to the second four-wheeler. The big red ATV we have, a 400 cc, was easier than the first. The oil drain plug was very obvious and the filter is easy enough to get too. Except for the fact that the filter was air-gun torqued on. Which for those of you who don't understand that and are still reading this, it means that it's attached to the ATV pretty well. Air-guns are used to put the tires on the NASCAR cars, so they make a things pretty hard to get off by hand.
So, right now I've got one four-wheeler with oil all over it, an old filter, and no oil filter cap and a second four-wheeler with A new filter right beside it and as far as I know I think it will hold oil when we put it in. I understand this website isn't a blog, but why not share some shop stories with the fellow magic brothern anyway.

Cheers,
Ty
:drinkup:
TAOBMAETS 666 or 999 Steamboat
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Magic of Four-wheelers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL