We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Wow! It's Ray Kosby! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Hey, I've seen his Impossible card magic video, very good stuff. How does this video rate from 1-10? And how good is the "the bite" effect on it?

Smile
Coming soon... Who knows!
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
I dont know about the rating - it was fun to watch and kosby is very technical. but for me and I guess for 99% of other magicians the magic there is not useable.
Smile
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
550 Posts

Profile of KC
I thought the tape is pretty cool to watch. The Bite is definitely the coolest trick on the tape. A red apple becomes a green apple. It is very clever. Have I used it yet? No. But when I get my show put together, I will definitely use it.

If the Bite is put into the context of a routine, it is really good. As a stand alone trick like the way they put it on the video, it won't be as spectacular.

I also like his impromptu sealed can. It is no where near the level of "Healed And Sealed," but this is done with any un-opened can and the set-up is very, very minimal compared to "Healed and Sealed."

If I were to give the video a rating, I would say about a 7.

Ray Kosby is very well-known for his card work, but I doubt he'll receive much acclaim for his non-card work, which is a pity. But that just gives guys like me who see the creativity involved in some (not all) of the tricks on the tape a real little gem.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I own it and like it a lot. I'd give it a 7.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I was disappointed with this video simply because I thought ICM was brilliant. I had extreemly high exectations for this one and it didn't even come close. I was so disenchanted I never even gave it a second look. Perhaps I should some day.

If you've already seen ICM, this video is a 3.
Yakworld.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I think this video is very good. The stuff here is definitely easier to do than some of his card stuff. The rubber band routine is awesome. I use The bite in my stage act as part of a whole apple routine. I use his handling 1-2-3-4 handling of the Goshman Sponge 4 all the time. (one of my favorite close-up tricks). and I do his backfire Matrix routine. This video and his cards video was all shot together. Richard Kaufman decided to split it into two videos though. I think there is a lot of creative and eye-popping magic here.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
How about the coin stuff on there? Is it any good?

FC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Wow! It's Ray Kosby! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL