We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Free mail providers? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
I have a friend who wants to join the Café but has a yahoo email address. Is there any way he can register? He really likes the site and has learned a lot from it . We are partners in magic. Is there anyting you can do to help? Thanks
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Y not get a hotmail address and just use it for the Café?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hotmail, like Yahoo are both "free" addresses and due to some people abusing them, are not allowed here.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1932 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I have the same problem. I never use my paid account (I think they are selling my address.... constant spam). I use gmail for everything but this site.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4977 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The Café does not sell or provide E-mail addresses to anyone. Dave V is correct. All free servers are blocked, not just Yahoo.
Where the magic begins
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1932 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Did I come across as the Magic Café' selling me an address? Or selling my address? I did not mean to, they haven't.

I believe my paid e-mail account provider (MSN) is selling my account address, so I do not use it, and yes my Gmail account is blocked.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
Is there some way to allow someone to use tehir gmail account? I don't have any email addresses anymore that are not "free". the one I'm using now will not be renewed after next month. does that mean I cannot be on the forums? I have seen a few people who do have gmail accounts as their email address. is it possible for that to be the case with my account as well?
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
444 Posts

Profile of Gene
There are many people who have "free" email addresses on their accounts, but they would have either registered before the blocks were started or had their email address changed by request. Send me a PM with your gmail email address and I'll see what I can do for you.

No, Josh, you didn't come across that way, at least not to me.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Free mail providers? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.58 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL