The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring to Card Box Plus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Hi Guys

If your not familiar with this effect a borrowed ring vanishes with the help of a silk and is found inside a card box that has been between specs hands all the time.

I like this effect. It is very strong, but I would like to do a few things with the ring first like some basic ring & string or ring and wand stuff (not ring flight)

Any ideas or good books/vids?

Joe Smile
magic_kris
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, KY
123 Posts

Profile of magic_kris
Bob Miller's Relentless Ring & String video is on my to-purchase list as others have recommended it. I cannot give you any details since I don't own it yet, but it is something you may want to check out.

--Kris
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Thanks Kris

Do you know who puts this out?
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
You can also try Greg Wilson's Ring Leader.
Bernard Sim
magic_kris
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, KY
123 Posts

Profile of magic_kris
No, I don't. All I know is that it's available at Hank Lee's for $30.

--Kris
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The Miller routine is self-published, and available from most dealers.

I have a number of ring routines in my book,
"Great Scott! It’s More Magic!" I also have a strong, muti-phase ring and stick routine called "Stick Around" in my upcoming book,
"Great Scott! It’s Even More Magic!"
This last routine may still be on the Visions website - can’t remember if it was contributed in the first or second year of Visions.

Also, WELL worth checking out is the video by the master of Ring and string magic (and a nearly forgotten legend, who is the only man Vernon ever said improved on Erdnase), Ray Grismer. Many of the "new" routines borrow heavily from Ray’s material without credit. Ray is to this branch of magic as George Sands is to rope magic - none of the "new" routines would even exist if it weren’t for their trail blazing! Ray’s video on ring and string magic (I think titled, "Ray’s Ring & Rope Routines") is produced by Jeff Busby Magic.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Thanks Bernard, and thanks Greatscott or is it Scott? Please tell me the address for Visions site I have heard you talk about it before. Also where can I buy your books from, I can remember an advert for one but can't think where I saw it.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Joe Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Either Scott (my name) or Great Scott (my stage name) is fine. The Visions site is at:

http://www.online-visions.com.

My books are avilable from http://www.discountmagic.com, H&R Magic Books, or directly from me at a discount. Thanks for asking!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Regarding Bob Miller's "The Relentless Ring & String" manuscript and video:

You can also reach Bob directly at:

bobmillermagic@mac.com

...and tell him I said hi (he's a good friend of mine here in Minnesota).
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring to Card Box Plus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL