The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stigmata...Can someone help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mudd
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mudd
Hey guys whats up.....can someone please explain to me the effect of Stigmata.....also is there any place I can see a demo of it?.....also just ordered my Sinful I hope I have fun with it.....
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
The only one I've seen is on the Psi series by Banacheck..an imprint comes up on your body,a number or something of the like.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
“Stigmata” is one of a series of “danger” effects In a general sense, there are a number of paper bags or Styrofoam cups set up on a board or table. The performer slams his hand down on each bag in turn until only one is left. He then lifts that bag/cup to find an up turned knife, spike, broken bottle, or whatever (depending on the version purchased). It is sort of a Russian roulette without a firearm (also see “Shattered”, “Real Danger”, etc.).

Some versions are foolproof (no possibility of danger) others are not (can get hurt!). You can find the knife version being sold regularly on Magicauction.com.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
My bad Harry...thanks for the clarification..
mudd
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mudd
Ist that the same as WAYNE HOUCHIN version of stigmata? are they both the same...
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
No Wayne's is totally different.

Justin MIller
mudd
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mudd
Okay....then whats the difference.....
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Houchin's is I believe the version from the Psi volume 2.
mudd
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mudd
Okay....then what is the effect from the PSI volume 2....why does nobody want to explain the effect to me?....Im getting depressed
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Calm down there Mudd... no reason to get depressed, you opnly posted like 4 hours ago!

No one yet knows exactly what Houchins version is but it appears to be the same as banacheks version from PSI #2.... it is a simple effect where a person chooses a card, then the magician reveals that the card (number and letter to represent suit) slowly appears on his arm as a red mark on his skin. it sort of looks like a faint burn, scar or sratch.

OK, less depressed now... geeesh.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The ash on arm revalation but without the ashes and the soap. Sort of an any time any where version. I didn't like it on PSI Volume 2. Just doesn't have that big of an impact. Guess you can dress it up real thick with a lot of drama but you might as well get Pyro Perception.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Wait till you see wayne's KIIILLEEERRR street performances of this in Las vegas.

Justin Miller
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Like anythingit is all in the performance and I am sure Wayne does a killer job. I will however be dissapointed if hiw new Stigmata DVD is simply a rehash of the Banachek version of this trick. I mean it is an EXTREMELY simple effect and it is already on DVD along with many other effects (on that same DVD). If Wayne is selling this as a stand alone effect it will be a poor follow up to his outstanding Sinful DVD.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Wyanes method allows those who can't do my version due to skin color, hair, dryness or such, to perform stigmata. It has sort of the same effect on people but is indeed different in workings. My version is also discussed for completness however, I gloss over it on my DVD's Wayne really has the real work on this and anyone can perform his version. IT is certainly not a rehash in any way whatsoever.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Thanks for clarifying matters
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
EVENT
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
170 Posts

Profile of EVENT
Thank you Banachek.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Well there you have it, I guess we can stop speculating now. Similar effect, different method. I respect both Banachek and now Houchins work quite a bit so lets hope this DVD is a suitable follow up to Sinful.

Thansk for the clarification Banachek.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
It will be great and impromtu as sinful according to wayne
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Brad posted in the Ellusionist forums that a preview video for Stigmata would be posted sometime on Thursday. So, not long before we get a little sneak peek.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
For those interested, stigmata's teaser is up on ellusionist:

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/stigmata.php
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Stigmata...Can someone help (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL