We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Whatever happened to Jim Collins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
I'm wondering if any of our Houdini scholars has information as to the final days of Jim Collins or any of the Houdini assistants, Franz Kukol or others. I've heard that Collins pretty much disappeared after Houdini died, but curious if anyone knows more.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I don't know much about his final days and I'm don't exactly remember who told me this but I belive that Mr. Collins has his final resting place in the same cemetary as Bess Houdini. Interesting coincidense if it's true. Tony Parisi
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
What do you mean????? I was under the impression that he had moved to Australia and was in this months Genii magazine!

:)
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi, I have been told that Collins did a radio talk back series in England
(circa 1945)He talked about his time with Houdini but never revealed any secrets.
I believe he died in England.

Ian McColl
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of harry knight
Does Jim Collins have any relatives that are contactable?
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I was emailed by a grand daughter several years. I passed on several peoples names she should contact for research and I asked her to get back to me with any information she found out, so far I haven't heard anything.

Ian
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
I hear his brother Tom was a great guy. Whenever he was around, people were happy. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi, I found the copy of the email (as mentioned above)
Part of it reads.

Dear Mr McColl,
....I thought you may be interested to know that James Collins was my great grandfather..... My mother has tried to find out about him for many years but with little success... All we know is he left the family for America to work as Houdini's assistant. And his name was a bit of a taboo for there on after.....

My grandmothers maiden name was Hilda Collins.

Many thanks,

S. Griffin

let the search continue
Ian
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of harry knight
Thanks Ian.

Does anyone know what nationality Jim Collins was?
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of harry knight
I am right thinking he was British/ Scotish?

Harry
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Harry, you are right on both accounts. I don't know where the relative emailed from but it seem that because he left home ( birth country) to work for Houdini, this upset the rest of the family. A loyal type of guy.

Ian
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of harry knight
Quote:
On 2006-03-20 21:12, AJP807 wrote:
I don't know much about his final days and I'm don't exactly remember who told me this but I belive that Mr. Collins has his final resting place in the same cemetary as Bess Houdini. Interesting coincidense if it's true. Tony Parisi

I found this extract in Milbourne Christopher The Untold Story:

Mrs Houdini was given a proper Catholic burial in a proper Catholic cemetery in Westchester.

Harry
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
In a recent correspondence with James Randi... He mentioned that he had spoken with a relative of James Collin's many years ago, but that Mr. Collin's himself, appears to have been lost to history!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Whatever happened to Jim Collins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL