The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chriss Angel levitation-Exposed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I just watched a video clip of Chriss Angel explaining one of his levitation effects. It wasn't on a magic site. Has anyone else seen this? Why is this out there? Is this a clip from one of his instructional DVD's?

I'm not going to post a link. I was just wondering if other people have seen this floating around.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Yeah, the link has already been posted here. A lot of folks who paid $400 for the info are going to be bummed out.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Pirates again I guess, its sad that they are doing such stuff................Smile
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Not very fun pirates either. They merely took a clip and posted it. Did not even edit the thing for use in a homemade music video. No creativity and really no point in such public exposure.

Will look to see if it's still there later.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
No doubt. This really is a case of exposure for exposures sake.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Wasn't hard to find...
Dennis Michael
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Maybe the mods should delete this thread. I don't want people to go looking for it.(not knocking you Dennis). I was just wondering if it was all over the place. And apparently it is.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Delete this topic again?

Why Vandy?

The muggles are not here so this discussion is only for us. Are you suggesting we further blind ourselves to the ideas and behavior of the world outside?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I also found the video link. I'm not a Chris Angel/camera trick fan but was outraged to see the exposure and forwarded the link along with instructions on how to remove it to Chris's management agency. The didn't respond and I see the video is still online so I guess they are not too worried about it.

Keep in mind that this is the same agency that has had experience hunting down " unauthorized " use of Chris's name on the web. I won't go into details but they have definitly taken action against websites before. Why they don't this time is a mystery.

Best,

Tim
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Hate to say I said so-

People STILL wonder why I said it was a DUMB idea to sell it so cheap in a layman filled website.(Crissangel.com.)It's NOT EVEN PASSWORD PROTECTED like Derren Brown's. A simple question would of made SOME difference.

But even then-
WE KNEW people would buy it JUST TO KNOW THE SECRET.
Criss should of used some common sense there!

Criss is forcing this image of messiah and leaving people wondering if it was the real thing.You think people aren't going to be curious on how he did it?

ATLEAST if placed in a magic shop magicians and INTERESTED individuals in learnig MAGIC not "Mindfreak," could find it if they looked around A LITTLE. That simple gesture has PROVEN to be effective for COUNTLESS YEARS NOW.

Wonder why Derren Brown's effects aren't being EXPOSED and why people who shop at a magic shop learn to take it SERIOUSLY?

Because as SOON as they buy it they are told all the ups and downs. Like how hard it is to develope a new effect,how SPECIAL the illusion they have is, etc.....
THAT gives em SOMETHING to think about. EVEN AT AN ONLINE SHOP.

Criss does NOTHING.

Nuff said.......

Now-
I have icarus effect. Did dish out the money and THANKFULLY my presentation looks SO REAL no one is even questioning it.

So my suggestion is to WORK HEAVILY on your presentation as it is THE ONLY THING that can save you now.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 12:52, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Delete this topic again?

Why Vandy?

The muggles are not here so this discussion is only for us. Are you suggesting we further blind ourselves to the ideas and behavior of the world outside?

I hear ya. No I don't suggesting blinding ourselves. I was just a bit worried that my post is tantamount to saying "Hey if you do a quick search on the net you can see Chriss Angels levitation exposed." Which I would not want to do.

Vandy
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4290 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I think the funniest part is found after you have read that Café thread on some Chris Angel board where people are claiming he is actually levitating, or some people who post things like:

"When I was a kid I could actually feel myself getting lighter and I could lift off the ground but I cant do it anymore" or my fav "Well guys I am feeling myself getting light enough to fall over, so that's a good sign as it must mean I am close to floating"..

there was like a 50 page thread from "the loyal" people who believe Chris Angel is the real deal and it was all talking about how they were all levitating at home for real just like Chris...

I really want to see their faces when they see this vid, priceless...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

That's a huge price to pay to dissapoint a few bemused and misguided muggles
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Don't forget, the late great Doug Henning also began to think he could fly thanks to the power of TM, and he knew all the tricks in the book, as they say.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Um... let's stay out of that one.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
As soon as you put a product on the market and let everyone buy it, you lose control of it.

It happened to thumb tips, it happened to d-lites, it happened to Mr Angel!

I suggest that the next time you have a good magical idea....keep it to yourself!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Till recently, it was not expected that an item sold to the muggles would make its way to the internet as fodder for ridicule.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 11:09, bitterman wrote:
Yeah, the link has already been posted here. A lot of folks who paid $400 for the info are going to be bummed out.

$400? What effect are you talking about? The Angel lev costs less than 100 and under 125 to build.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
400 dollars= TOTAL COST after building it.

The youtube levitation exposure is not there any more.

NOW-
HOPE that's the end of that and it doesn't pop out anywhere else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chriss Angel levitation-Exposed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL