The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Another Harris clip art question. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I purchased the Harris art cd a while back and have had help with a few things from several of you guys. I have another question. Did anyone receive this collection in color? everything I have is gray scale. The Certificates would look much nicer with some color, and the mystery dollar would look better if it was green. I was just wondering if that option was available.

Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Ed Harris' clipart is several decades old and was designed to be reproduced at a time before color copies and printing was so affordable. The grayscale feature made it more affordable for the average hometown performer. If you're adept at Photoshop or a good graphics program, it's a fairly simple process to update the graphics with color. I completely redesigned the back of my Harris Big Dollar to better fit my personal needs this way.

I've always been a fan of Mr. Harris' work and actually a set of the nearly 30-year-old original printed cut-&-paste sheets with his signature tucked away. I couldn't bring myself to cut the sheets so I'd take them to the local library and photocopy the ones I wanted to use.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
You have to remember as well that color copies are a lot more expensive! I usually get my giants bucks copied onto green paper, it looks really good! So you may want to try to just change the paper instead of adding color to the document itself.........just always ask them to run a test page because some colored paper make it really hard to read! like red is pretty bad!
so that's a cheaper way to give your materials a little more pizzazz!
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks guys. I like the green paper idea!
Jack Skalon

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I use Paint Shop Pro and clean the graphic up and colorize it. It takes time but a couple of graphics come out very well, including their posters. I got mine from Eric Paul, who I believe has the right to sell them.

Jack, as a KIDabra Member, if there is a particular clip art graphic you want me to do for you, email me and I'll colorized it for you.

Den
Dennis Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have been able to colorize some of my Ed Harris clipart, but I wish I could get it more 'crisp'. The edges are a little fuzzy on most of the ones I have tried to add color to. I have used Printmaster to color the clips, therefore I have only been able to use a single color for each clip.

I saw of the work Dennis did with the Harris clips, and they looked great!

Regan
Mister Mystery
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Hi Den. Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it. Let me give it a whirl. I have Adobe Elements.
By the way, did you get the charter app I sent ?
Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have the old fashioned hard copy Ed Harris' art work. Ed Harris sent me a note one time and he had such beautiful printing.

I scanned the artwork into my computer at 600 dpi. and print it with a laser printer which prints it at 600 dpi.. The stuff looks GREAT!

I would LOVE to have had it on disc.
That would have saved me a LOT of time.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Another Harris clip art question. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL