The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TaylorM
View Profile
New user
Chicago
25 Posts

Profile of TaylorM
I thought this might be an area where I could get some help--- I have two rabbits (male and female- neutered and spayed) and they have lived together in the same large pin for two years now. All the sudden about three weeks ago they started fighting very violently- it was so bad my wife and I decided to separate them and they have been apart for a week now. Has anyone experienced this with rabbits and does anyone have any suggestion on if we should try and put them back together?

~Taylor
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Keep rabbits away in seperate cages. This is normal for two males or two females. Since I never had both together except by accident (14 rabbits latter), I realized what sex they were!
Dennis Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Dennis is correct. They need to be kept in seperate huthes. I have no experience with spayed/neutered rabbits, but from your description apparently that doesn't solve the fighting problem.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There you go. A quick solution from the top trouble shooters for harey problems!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
TaylorM
View Profile
New user
Chicago
25 Posts

Profile of TaylorM
Thanks everyone for the advice!!! I really appreciate the fast responses!

~Taylor
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I used to have a neutered male, and a fertile female. They live together in harmony for years. Great friends. They had been prior to his being neutered too, but I did not need the rabbits. But,if they are tearing each other apart, not much you can do but separate them. As they are neutered, you may be able to let them together under supervision if you are about. You cannot do that otherwise, or you get little rabbits.
quack
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
I wonder if besides the sex of the bunnies, personalities come into play?
I have two sisters for almost one year. Got them when they were just neutered. I don't think they can live apart. Just my observation.
Max
TaylorM
View Profile
New user
Chicago
25 Posts

Profile of TaylorM
These two rabbits got along fine for a long time, they seemed like they really cared for one another... my wife thinks it might be the spring time and the female might be getting more territorial- after watching them closely she seems to be triggering the fights by circling him. yeah both of our rabbits are fixed, so no worry about babies. I think we might wait and see if it is a seasonal thing for her.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I owned one female rabbit and she was much more tempramental and aggressive than any of the six males I've had. I would have thought spaying would have helped, but from what's happening with yours, maybe not.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit Problems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL