The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » What do you do with your unwanted magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
OK here's the question. You have stuff you'll never use again. You set a fair price and put it up for sale in the Café. No takers. You lower the price a bit. No takers. You put it on an auction site. Still, No takers. What do you do?

I may wait a bit and try again, but if nobody is interested, here's what I do. I've decided I'm not going to give it away; if nobody wants to pay a fair price, then in the trash it goes. Problem solved. I don't have room to store all this stuff (I want to downsize) so one way or another, it's gone.
Coram Deo
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I give it away free to kids, or anyone for that matter, I know that have an interest in magic.
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
About twice a year I gather what I do not want and sell it on eBay. I would estimate that 90% of what I list is sold. I start with an extremely low price with no reserve. My feeling is that if I don't want/need it then anything I get for it is found money.

I have tried listing items on the Café before but honestly I have a much better sell rate on eBay (although selling on the Café is much less time consuming).

I still do not know what to do with the items I cannot sell or want. Sometime I will include an item with something I sold as a "bonus". I've contacted a Café member who was asking for a review of an item and told him I would give him mine but he has already purchaed the item.

I would prefer to give items away that won't sell but there are items I know will eventually hit the trash can. Like Steven, I'm looking to downsize.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I understand exactly the frustration. I have listed stuff before. At very resonable prices and no takers. I am having a garage sale this spring and will sell the stuff there if no magicians will pay for them.

That is how I feel. I can't understand why somebody wouldn't jump on it.

Anyways, I will be posting a list once more before the spring.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Mr.Bill When will this garage sale be? Could you plz tell me when we meet wedensday would love to come by maybe pick up some stuff!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
MO, you can have first dibs when you come on Wednesday and see the stuff.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Lol Okay Bill

Cya tomorrow! don't forget to bring the sword thru neck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » What do you do with your unwanted magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL