The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Simply Devastating (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Let me first say that Simply Devastating is my 2nd Ebook downloaded from Mike's Site. That should say something to all of you. I can't even begin to count the numerous effects I purchased over the years that were total trash or just never used. I'm quite sure many of you out there have had the same happen to you.

NOT SO with this purchase! This is fantastic , hard hitting, mind blowing material! I'm sitting here writing with a big smile on face. A big word of THANKS to Mike for this book. I only wish that all my purchases left me with the feeling I have now. I will definately use this material! I recommend everyone who wants hard hitting effects to drop what thier doing, put off that next purchase from a dealer and get Mike's Book! I guarantee you will be smiling with me. For instance, when you first perform Spectator Cuts the Aces and see the expressions from your audience you will feel like a kid again. This is wonderful stuff and in my opinion should be priced higher.

Great stuff Mike and I warmly thank you!

RandyM
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thank you very much Randy, for your business and for the kind words. I LOVE the spectator cuts the aces in Simp Dev (Duh!). Most people don't realize just how magical this routine is. The spectator cuts the pack, and they find an ace. PERIOD. It's the way magic should look. Anyways, I've made a special video just for that routine. It's a very informal performance for a couple of friends in a quiet room. You may be interested in it, as it's a contrast to the one performed in the busy, loud bar enviroment that's included on the performance video.

Enjoy!!!

http://www.michaelpaulmagic.com/aces.wmv
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I recently purchased this book and I've been making my way through it, I intended to post a review once I'd finished the book and tested the routines... that was until I got to spectator cuts the aces.

I have played with many spec cuts aces routines over the years even though the whole thing never really overly appealed to me, however after reading (and now having tried out probably a dozen times or more) Michael Paul's routine, I'm hooked! I really am at a bit of a loss at how to describe just how well thought out and structured this routine is. It's a fooler and it's very empowering to your audience but not in the typical hokey 'blow on this, oh look you did the magic' kind of way. This is a brilliant routine, it's a keeper.

The initial burn and card to shoe are equally as good. I wont go right into them now because I've already used my fair share of bandwidth and I'm looking forward to getting back to the rest of the goodies in this book.

Just by the way, I now own everything that Michael Paul has to sell from his site, if you do magic for a living then you really need to get these ebooks.

Cheers
Billy James
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Does Paul's "Spectator Cuts the Aces" work everytime? Or is it a little more variable?
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Works just about every time. The only way it will not work is if the spectator purposely tries to miss.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks, Michael... What is the skill level required to do this piece? Does it require a perfect faro?
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
No perfect faro nessicary... In fact there is a way of doing this without using a faro at all! I'd say the skill level is very, very low... but others may have an oppinion or two on your question as well. It's a routine that works on a very easy level... but you could add as much "heavy" work to it as you would like.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Michael,

Since you asked for feedback, I'd just like to say that I think these
notes are good value for money with several very usable real-world
routines and one absolutely genious "why-didn't-I-think-of-that" idea!

I predict the "No Toss" tossed out deck will join the repertoire of many
stand-up performers. It's an absolutely brilliant bit of thinking and the
routine and script you provide are easily worth the $25.

One little nit-pick. I think your notes could really benefit from a quick
editing job. There were many misspelled words and two pages were in the
wrong order. It took me a while to figure out.

But that minor quibble aside, these are fantastic notes and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Best,
James
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1239 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Got it!

I can tell you that all material is great, it’s a worth buy. Period.

The notes contain useful material, easy and powerful effects.

These effects are very visual, funny and easy to perform. Also the performance video helps to clarify any question.

Congratulations Paul!

Now I’m chasing your “show no mercy” notes.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thanks mind magic. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Please let me know what you think of Show No Mercy as well.
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
Well I finally did it. I had previously purchased "No Mercy" and "CUD" by Michael, but had not purchased "Simply Devastating" because I pretty much had my own versions of these effects. After reading his other material, I buckeld and ordered it and am I glad I did!! There are some very good, and I mean very good, ideas in here. If you do stage work at all, Michaels version of the Tossed Out Deck will definitely intrigue you. I will be adding this to my stand-up show very soon!

My favorite effect however is his version of the "Spectator Cuts the Aces". Great thinking here. Keep in mind, this is similar to other versions that are out there, but there are substantial differences that make it appealing. I cannot go into details for fear of exposure, but I am sure that Micheal would be more than happy to discuss this with you as his customer service is impeccable.

Speaking of customer service....GREAT!! Shortly after receiving the notes, I received an additional email from Michael with a video of real world performances of the effects along with a document of additional ideas from Simon Lovell. He also frequents the Café, so I'm sure you can catch him here as well.

All in all, a very good purchase for $25. I have purchased more expensive stuff with 10% of the good material in here. You won't be disappointed.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Quote:
On 2006-07-26 09:34, Brandon Harper wrote:

My favorite effect however is his version of the "Spectator Cuts the Aces". Great thinking here. Keep in mind, this is similar to other versions that are out there, but there are substantial differences that make it appealing. I cannot go into details for fear of exposure, but I am sure that Micheal would be more than happy to discuss this with you as his customer service is impeccable.

All in all, a very good purchase for $25. I have purchased more expensive stuff with 10% of the good material in here. You won't be disappointed.

Hey man, thanks a bunch. I'm really glad you like the SCA. I'll be doing a big video release soon with World Magic Media out of England. They are the same company that produces the Wizard PK rings (I love mine by the way!!). One of the featured routines is going to be the SCA with a bunch of new little twists, and a new plot that will make it VERY strong for even women and kids.

I'm also glad that you feel these effects are workers... I work in the real world, and wouldn't dream of releasing anything I wouldn't use myself.

Thanks for the review!!!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Michael knows I love his stuff. I have been using SCA since I read it over a month ago. It really is one of my fav effects. I use it almost daily. I cannot praise this enuf IMHO. And I am sure Mike knows I am buy hungry for all that he puts out, and will buy more when it shows up.......
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Michael is my number 2 favorite magic inventer (no.1 : paul Harris)

I the reason I love his stuff is because its REAL WORLD MAGIC. this stuff actually works in the real situations!

Mikey! you rock!
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thanks guys!!!

be on the lookout for the upcoming release by Ellusionist... it's C R A Z Y!!!
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Just bought the notes and downloaded the pdf. Is the "live performance video" the teaser on the website or am I missing a bit?

Shanester
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
Just bought the PDF but received no performance videos. Is there another link?

The PDF downloaded fine. I assumed the videos were part of the .zip package but that wasn't the case. Where can I obtain the video?
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hey guys, I've emailed you those links, sorry about the wait... I was at a gig.
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Link came through. Don't expect you to be available 24/7 just wasn't clear about the way it was happening.
Notes look great, going to take time to digest them.

Love Show No Mercy too and have just started performing some of the stuff.

All the best

Shanester
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Great, I'm glad you like show no mercy, I hope you like these notes as well. I really believe that Simon Lovell's contribution is what makes these notes sparkle... the man is pure genius (and certifiably insane... just ask the anyone that's seen him do the sound of music with the three blind mice puppet!!).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Simply Devastating (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL