The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Garrett Thomas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Hi folks,
Do you know where is it possible to find cards with playing balls printed on their faces? As Garrett uses in his trick.
Thank you.
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
I mean with playing billiard balls on them.
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Hello Elie,

I am the one who gave garrett the whole set. I sell the trick (called DIRTY POOL) including instructions (written by David Acer), the ball, printed wallet and the 15 cards. I am shipping 150 to Murphys next week so ask your dealer about it.
Take care

Michel Huot
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
What a great effect, has any one else seen Garretts Version? what do you think of his DVDs in general, I thought every routine has something special to learn from.
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Garrett has a very powerful way to produce the ball
The way I use it (the same way since 1998) I put the 15 cars in a triangle formation (as in real billiard) the spectator breaks the balls and then we proceed to go in a game of pool. I then do the PATEO force wich is probably the most logical way to do it
I usually produce the ball à la John Bannon

Michel
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Thank you for the answer. I will buy one from my magic dealer.

For the other question, yes the dvds are great. Powerfull visual strong magic. Very very good magic. Thank you Mr Thomas.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Hey Joe & Elie,

I agree, Garrett is a mighty talented magi and everything he does is worthy of study. His recent DVD release is a particularly entertaining and stunning series of effects. He is a true modern master and IMHO is up there with guys like Tommy Wonder, David Williamson and Gary Oulette in close up magic skill, presentation and entertainment value. I have just ordered Dirty Pool as I have been looking for this set of pool ball cards... thanks magic Café for helping me find them!

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Hope you like it...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-03-28 10:01, Joe Russell wrote:
What a great effect, has any one else seen Garretts Version? what do you think of his DVDs in general, I thought every routine has something special to learn from.

I just recently purchased the DVd from Abbott's, and I have to say, Garrett KILLS!!!

This was the first time I saw him, and I was way beyond impressed!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Is the Garrett routine different from Dirty Pool?
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
It is a bit different
His version is a Pick a card trick (with billiard ball on it) and the production
Very nice and visual and fast
My version is a very logical way of 'playing' a game of pool with your audiences
It'S the same cards and the wallet differ a bit since the version you can buy right now is my updated version. The set I gave Garrett is an old set...
Take care
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
You can print them out right on your inkjet, just send some blank cards through taped to a peice of paper.
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2006-05-31 09:57, Joe Russell wrote:
You can print them out right on your inkjet, just send some blank cards through taped to a peice of paper.

I guess you could, if you were too cheap to buy them from the creator. You're kinda stealing from Michel if you did something like that don't you agree???
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Garrett didn't agree with that. When the DVd was made, he told us on that DVD to make our own set. (Hey, what the heck good is it to teach someone an effect, and then have them only dream about performing it because the props for the effect are not available? That would be mean, as well as pointless!( But photos of of billiard balls aren't exactly a copyrighted item, especially simce they are available to anyone willing to do a Google image search!) Of course, reselling them as a set after you make them would be rather tacky.

But personally, now that they are available by the orignal man, I will, (when I scrape up some bucks) purchase his set. I don't think I could come close to his quality. His cards really look fabulous.
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
"His recent DVD release is a particularly entertaining and stunning series of effects. He is a true modern master and IMHO is up there with guys like Tommy Wonder, David Williamson"

I must have a different set of garrett thomas dvds.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What makes you think that you do?
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
You're not alone Zak. I liked Garrett's DVDs very much. There was at least one really good trick on each DVD. You can tell which tricks Garrett does most often because they have real well scripted presentations, and a great deal of charm.

That said, the material would have made a GREAT two dvd set.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Such is the trend. (too much obvious filler just to expand the sets and make more money). When will the studios wake up?
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Hi Michael, is there any chance we can buy Dirty Pool directly from you ?
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Thanks Eric,

if someone really wants to do it themselves, go but you will waste a lot of time doing so
it is a pain, the cards are of huge quality and the wallet has a cute drawing
Andre, you will have a better price from your dealer because they have cheaper airfare then I do...
It would cost too much,
BTW here is something I do sometimes,
once I produce the ball, people of course react to that so I have time to switch the ball (produce the new one from sleeve while I topitthe other) and put it in someone's jacket pocket...
you can imagine the rest

Michel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Garrett Thomas (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL